Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am Pro II Neck on MIM Strat?

Has anybody tried this?

I know that the heel on the Am Pro II Strats are contoured so one hole won't line up. I'm really more curious about the fit of the neck into the MIM pocket and whether or not it would be possible to intonate correctly.

Thoughts?

Anyone?

Comment

i have an older mia fender neck on a mim body and it fit fine but both guitars are 15+ years old so that doesnt really help much

Comment

That totally helps. Thanks.

The MIM is from maybe 2010? It is one of those FSR metal flake Strats that came out back then.

I have already swapped out the hardware and the electronics. The neck has developed a ski jump that I don't really want to pay to have addressed.

Anyway, a buddy of mine has an Am Pro II Tele and the neck is super nice feeling. The Am Pro II Strats I've played at GC all have really great necks, too.

If it will work out, I might just go for it since that's about the only way to get a RW fretboard on a new, replacement Fender neck nowadays.

Comment

I’m 90% sure the newer necks adhere to the old standard, other than the hole position. You’ll just need to drill the new hole. (Also keep in mind that a Tele heel won’t fit a Strat body.) The American Pro and Elite necks are both really nice.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

They are compatible

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              (Also keep in mind that a Tele heel won’t fit a Strat body.)
              Sure it will. The contour at the end of the neck is flatter than a Strat neck but it will still fit.
              Originally Posted by IanBallard
              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post

Sure it will. The contour at the end of the neck is flatter than a Strat neck but it will still fit.
                For someone asking if a neck is plug and play, no it won’t. For you, I’m sure you’d have no issues adjusting the heel.

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

right, a strat neck will fit a tele body, but not vise versa without a bit of heel manipulation. ive done it and it isnt overly hard, just take your time.

Comment

As you noted, fitting into the body is one thing...fitting without changing the scale length is another. The Tele neck will fit into the Strat pocket, but if there isn't enough adjustment capability in the bridge it may not intonate without adjusting the corners on the heel.

You are right, I would have no problem rounding off the corners of a Tele neck to fit a Strat pocket.
                    Originally Posted by IanBallard
                    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I would definitely be getting a Strat neck, not a Tele neck. Don't want to change the aesthetic of the Strat and I certainly don't want any fitment or intonation issues.

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
                      X