No announcement yet.

I hate Squeebay idiots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You bought strings from a rando on Ebay? how much money were you saving?

Ive never thought to do that -are there great deals to be had?
    I dare you to find a wound .013 in any of your local stores. The sellers photo was so fuzzy, all I could discern was the string gauge printed on the clear envelope. Couldn't tell if it was wound. For less than $2 I thought I'd take a chance. I needed it to finish a clients guitar because he insisted on using wound 3rd strings. He claims plain strings break too easily when bending. I think he should use heavier strings, but whatever. In the meantime, he found a box of them from a seller on Reverb. I wasn't gonna pop for a box of 'em.
    Last edited by ICTGoober; 11-11-2022, 11:10 AM.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Anyone who drops off a guitar for repair without a fresh pack of strings in the case is an idiot, especially if you are using something like a wound G string. How the hell is the tech supposed to set up the guitar correctly without the correct stings? Chris, I am sure you have to deal with this stupidity all the time.

Comment

I have about $3000 worth of strings in stock. Just don't have the weird stuff like a wound .013....But I usually request that they bring new strings. Some don't, and that's okay.
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          Anyone who drops off a guitar for repair without a fresh pack of strings in the case is an idiot, especially if you are using something like a wound G string. How the hell is the tech supposed to set up the guitar correctly without the correct stings? Chris, I am sure you have to deal with this stupidity all the time.
          A lot of people just use standard 9 or 10s and would rather pay the markup than go through the hassle of buying the strings cheaper. Cos lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post

I dare you to find a wound .013 in any of your local stores. The sellers photo was so fuzzy, all I could discern was the string gauge printed on the clear envelope. Couldn't tell if it was wound. For less than $2 I thought I'd take a chance. I needed it to finish a clients guitar because he insisted on using wound 3rd strings. He claims plain strings break too easily when bending. I think he should use heavier strings, but whatever. In the meantime, he found a box of them from a seller on Reverb. I wasn't gonna pop for a box of 'em.
            Haha, yeah .13 Wound is not that easy -agreed.

Makes sense
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
            X