• Show
Clear All

• ICTGoober
    replied
    Wilford Brimley didn't play guitar.

Leave a comment:

• JOLLY
    replied
    I thought Wilford Brimley died a couple of years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied
    I like Ovation, but that's a nice body size.
    I bet it sounds sweet.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

I dunno about that. At least around here, it's rare to see anything 'Martin' being sold used for anything close to a deal. I regularly people trying to sell 5-10 year old Martins for more than brand new ones. :P
    Well this was 5 years ago before the odd situation with musical
    instrument pricing. He got it for 45% of the new price.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarStv
    replied
    Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
    Awesome! I bet it sounds and plays great.

When my friend was in the market for an acoustic I told him to find a Martin on Craigslist/Facebook Marketplace. Go play it and if it hasn’t been setup negotiate on that point. I told him the seller probably wanted to buy a “nice” guitar and after playing a little bit just got frustrated by the high action. A new set of strings, truss Rod adjustment, bridge tweak and slight nut tweak and it’ll be playing like butter.
    I dunno about that. At least around here, it's rare to see anything 'Martin' being sold used for anything close to a deal. I regularly people trying to sell 5-10 year old Martins for more than brand new ones. :P

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Awesome! I bet it sounds and plays great.

When my friend was in the market for an acoustic I told him to find a Martin on Craigslist/Facebook Marketplace. Go play it and if it hasn’t been setup negotiate on that point. I told him the seller probably wanted to buy a “nice” guitar and after playing a little bit just got frustrated by the high action. A new set of strings, truss Rod adjustment, bridge tweak and slight nut tweak and it’ll be playing like butter.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    ive never owned a 00, i loved my 000 though. never should have sold it but alas... heat and shelter trump a sweet guitar

Leave a comment:

• GuitarStv
    replied
    Martin makes some really lovely sounding guitars. Never really liked the 00 shape myself, but there are a ton of great players who rocked one with good results.

Leave a comment:

• ErikH
    replied
    That’s a sweet one. I’m a Martin guy. Love my D-28.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarDoc
    replied
    I'm also generally a Taylor guy, but many of the Martins sound superb to my ears also. Can't go "wrong" with either.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    It is Steve Howe's acoustic of choice, so you are in great company.

Leave a comment:

• Seashore
    replied
    I guess I'm a Taylor guy, but you really can't beat a good Martin. Love it.

Leave a comment:

• ICTGoober
    started a topic Time to unplug

Time to unplug

Last week I posted a green sparkle Ibanez for one of my clients (we grew up together), which he's been enjoying. However, he also had a jones for a folk flattop, and a local store had their Martins on sale. I picked up the 00-18 on Friday, and it went on my bench Sunday. Changed the strings to his fave brand and gauge, and lowered the action at the bridge for a lighter touch. It took a half hour to complete. Barely had to adjust the truss rod, which surprised me. He picked it up tonight on the way home from work, and played it for an hour. It has a clear, sweet tone with excellent balance between the strings. No frequencies overpower the rest. He was thrilled to say the least. He's usually a Gibson guy, and this is his first Martin.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ed 00-18.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	6207231
Working...
X