NUGD - Ibanez AR325

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NUGD - Ibanez AR325

I checked CL last night, and this AR325 showed up listed as a 420. AR420's have a flame top w/ abalone purfling. This is the quilted ash top with multi-ply binding, Had the case, and the guy wanted less than $300 for it. I emailed him and asked him to call me this morning when he was ready to deal. About 8:30 the phone rang. He lived less than a mile from me, and a deal was quickly struck.
    It's in good shape, played well, sounded good. I'll string it up with my brand in a couple days after it adjusts to the house heating system. His home was around 60 degrees, which I didn't dig, but so what? Nice purchase, I'd been wanting one of them for a couple years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_4390.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	6207933
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

I've gassed for an AR since around 1978-1979. Friend had a natural AR (can't remember the specific model number) with the butterfly pickups and the abalone everywhere. Awesome guitars that played so easy and sounded so good.

Comment

I remember the ads for those in old guitar magazines. Didn't it have a cartoon tiger in them? What do the switches do?
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I remember the ads for those in old guitar magazines. Didn't it have a cartoon tiger in them? What do the switches do?
        Yup. Big striped kitty baring his fangs.

Ibanez calls them "Trisound" swtches. Down is both coils in series (normal), middle is the inner coil (with single coil hum), and up is both coils in parallel.

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
          I checked CL last night, and this AR325 showed up listed as a 420. AR420's have a flame top w/ abalone purfling. This is the quilted ash top with multi-ply binding, Had the case, and the guy wanted less than $300 for it. I emailed him and asked him to call me this morning when he was ready to deal. About 8:30 the phone rang. He lived less than a mile from me, and a deal was quickly struck.
          It's in good shape, played well, sounded good. I'll string it up with my brand in a couple days after it adjusts to the house heating system. His home was around 60 degrees, which I didn't dig, but so what? Nice purchase, I'd been wanting one of them for a couple years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_4390.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	6207933
          Very nice find. I usually don't like Ibanez designs but this is a very nice guitar.
          It's funny how some stories became historic,
          especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
          But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post

Very nice find. I usually don't like Ibanez designs but this is a very nice guitar.
            I'm with you on that. This one is really very nice looking. And for the price, I'd take it in a heartbeat.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post

Yup. Big striped kitty baring his fangs.

Ibanez calls them "Trisound" swtches. Down is both coils in series (normal), middle is the inner coil (with single coil hum), and up is both coils in parallel.
              That's actually a very useful system!
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I sent pix to all my guitar player pals and now they are lining up to be the next owner should I ever tire of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

That's actually a very useful system!
                  im a big fan of on/on/on switches like that. ive been loving the 4pdt switch so you can switch two pups at once

Comment

Nice LP killer .
                    Originally posted by dominus
                    Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

I have always loved the Artist series they are great guitars. I am not in the market for another LPish axe, but I could not walk away from that guitar at that price. You got a killer deal on a killer guitar.

Comment

Working...
                      X