No announcement yet.

Chinese guitars on EBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always temped to try those out... and I love the looks of the Grote/Firefly semi-hollows... but so suspect on the build quality and the fact that semi-hollows are a pain to work on vs a solidbody.
    -=The Dali
    --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post

Not saying much - technically no law 'exists' - they're all constructs. The only thing that makes it relevant or 'real' is possibility of repercussions. But intellectual property has become as real as it needs to be many times in guitar/music related life - both to individuals and companies.
      Of course the Chinese 'fake' company thing of course is beyond repercussion in the western world.
      The construct is real as its ability to be enforced. Western companies don't have to be able to enforce intellectual property rights through courts. Western consumers simply can choose not to purchase products that infringe on Western intellectual property rights. Kill the demand for the crime and you kill the crime.

Hence my saying purchasing said guitars can be viewed as unethical in the same way circulating counterfeit money is unethical. But money is a worthless fiat currency social construct, eh? Only if you allow it to be worthless.

Above I've kind of undone my own argument for purchasing said guitars, but as I said, a lot of these designs simply aren't being produced anymore. That isn't an excuse for intellectual property rights infringement according to many companies, but I think lack of availability is more excusable than simply wanting a cheap guitar.

Some of us don't want every guitar we own to be a Les Paul or Strat.

Comment

Originally posted by Inflames626 View Post

The construct is real as its ability to be enforced. Western companies don't have to be able to enforce intellectual property rights through courts. Western consumers simply can choose not to purchase products that infringe on Western intellectual property rights. Kill the demand for the crime and you kill the crime.

Hence my saying purchasing said guitars can be viewed as unethical in the same way circulating counterfeit money is unethical. But money is a worthless fiat currency social construct, eh? Only if you allow it to be worthless.

Above I've kind of undone my own argument for purchasing said guitars, but as I said, a lot of these designs simply aren't being produced anymore. That isn't an excuse for intellectual property rights infringement according to many companies, but I think lack of availability is more excusable than simply wanting a cheap guitar.

Some of us don't want every guitar we own to be a Les Paul or Strat.
        In case you haven't noticed, most western consumers are idiots.
        Especially the ones who don't actually produce anything.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X