Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Martin 000 10E

Early Xmas present.

After 30 years of playing, I have finally bought my first flat top steel string. And new, which I never do.

I went to get some work done in a guitar and I had to wait a bit when I was picking it up so I played some guitars they had around.

This one won me. I think it was the combination of body size, solid mahogany and the slightly shorter scale (24.9) that made playability and sound perfect for me. And that being made in Mexico makes it affordable.

Last edited by Blille; 12-05-2022, 04:10 PM.

How's it sound with the mahogany body?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
      How's it sound with the mahogany body?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
      Nice and warm. And also a bit compressed which helps with note/strum consistency. I sound like a better acoustic player even unplugged

Comment

a buddy of mine has a 000 thats all mahogany, is there a 15 series that looks similar? i could be way off, ive been out of the game for a while. his is really nice, betcha yours is too!

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          a buddy of mine has a 000 thats all mahogany, is there a 15 series that looks similar? i could be way off, ive been out of the game for a while. his is really nice, betcha yours is too!
          Thanks!

Yes, the 15M! The difference being US made with normal scale and some other things to justify 2x the price lol

Comment

gotcha, i bet id like the shorter scale better

Comment

That is one hell of a cool guitar...congrats! Expensive?
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                That is one hell of a cool guitar...congrats! Expensive?
                Thanks!

No, street price is $899 and I got a bit of a discount and a setup due to Black Friday. I’m not an acoustic expert but I think it’s crazy value.
                Last edited by Blille; 12-05-2022, 06:09 PM.

Comment

I've always liked smaller bodied mahogany acoustics like that. Smaller bodies sometimes can be a little plinky and wimpy in the bass, but the mahogany usually does something pleasing to the mids that mostly rectifies that problem.
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Very nice.
                    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                      Thanks!

No, street price is $899 and I got a bit of a discount and a setup due to Black Friday. I’m not an acoustic expert but I think it’s crazy value.
                      Wow, what a great deal! Are there any electronics in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Wow, what a great deal! Are there any electronics in it?
                        It does! It has the Fishman MX-T. Nothing to write home about but since I’ll be running it with my Helix I’ll probably use some IRs anyway so it works for me

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post

It does! It has the Fishman MX-T. Nothing to write home about but since I’ll be running it with my Helix I’ll probably use some IRs anyway so it works for me
                          Wow, even better deal!

Comment

Working...
                          X