So, who has a Warmoth here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, who has a Warmoth here?

I have a guitar concept that I don't think I can realize without going custom shop. Warmoth has what I need, and that seems, in spite of them not exactly being cheap, like the easiest way out. Any experiences that could be helpful/encouraging/discouraging/infuriating?

I don't have a Warmoth build but I when I joined this forum in 2005 or 2006 I saw people posting their Warmoth builds with rave reviews. It's 2022, and Warmoth is still around. That alone is impressive.
    "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Fender_Punk View Post
      I don't have a Warmoth build but I when I joined this forum in 2005 or 2006 I saw people posting their Warmoth builds with rave reviews. It's 2022, and Warmoth is still around. That alone is impressive.
      They've been around since the late 70s in one form or another. There is a pretty interesting documentary about the company history on YT. And yes, there has to be a ton of them around by now.

Comment

I built 2!

It is certainly not cheaper than buying an already-built really nice guitar, especially if you go with custom pieces. But man, it is fun, And you get exactly what you want.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

It's mega quality. There's no reason not to.
          The things that you wanted
          I bought them for you

Comment

own(ed) 4 bodies and about 8 necks.

would order again.

all necks are maple (plain, birdseye, flame) and soundwise quite different which is totally dependent on the specific wood used. it's a bit of a crapshoot, although i have no "tone sucker", the neck i intended to use on one guitar didn't really fit tonewise (to bright), so i switched necks with another guitar and now it's a better match and more mellow.

depending on the neck, i had to maid small adjustments to the neck pocket and bridge settings, which is due to different lacquer types (gloss is noticable thicker than mate) and maybe small dimension differences.

Comment

I haven't built one, but I have played a few, and all of them were very nice.

Comment

Here are some pics of my 2...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0265.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	6209544
                Click image for larger version

Name:	front7.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	6209545

Comment

I have a Warmoth Jazzmaster - three single coils and a floyd. It's a great sounding and playing guitar.
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I'm not trying to sway you away from Warmoth at all, but check out KnE guitars if you want. They'll do custom work. I didn't get a custom guitar from them, but I got a San Dimas style body from them that's great, and it was only like $150.

Comment

I've been building and playing Warmoth stuff since the late 70's. It's world class gear.
                      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Warmoth is great, not cheap, but worth it. I've heard good things about KNE too, but no personal experience. All depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

I love the warmoth necks. Especially the unfinished roasted maple

Comment

Originally posted by blakejcan View Post
                            I love the warmoth necks. Especially the unfinished roasted maple
                            My red guitar above is unfinished roasted maple with a scalloped neck. Feels delicious, and still smells good.

Comment

What are the specifics of the concept you have?

I've built dozens between Allparts, Musikraft, Rosser, Saylor Guitars, USA Custom, Warmoth, WD Music, etc. and Warmoth is about as custom as you can get (especially for neck options.) From my experience, they have amazing customer service too. If something is not offered in the drop-down menu options online, just email asking if its something they can do (almost everything I've asked for was available for like a $40-$100 upcharge.

I finish them myself which saves money but Warmoth does offer beautiful finishes that look great and last a long time. Also, never had any issues with a Warmoth neck fitting any Fender body nor any Fender licensed bodies.

Comment

Working...
                              X