Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-Tuna issue

Hi
    just arrived my brand new guitar: evh wolfgang special in surf green. Great feeling with it but it seems have an issue with factory installed d-tuna. I followed step by step the process to tune the strings but I am not able to have the 6 string with the E. I mean I tune the 6 string to D with the d-tuna disengaged, lock the nut, engage the d-tuna and what I get is a note right between d# and e. Moving clockwise the fine tune on the d tuna nothing happens. Any ideas?
    Thanks

i always though you tuned the e first, then used the adjustment to get the d in tune when the lever is dropped, maybe im wrong though

Comment

Sounds like something is wrong. What you're doing is the way I've always been shown to do it. The fine tuner should change the pitch of the E when the D-tuna is engaged. If it's not changing the pitch, there could be a mechanical issue.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        i always though you tuned the e first, then used the adjustment to get the d in tune when the lever is dropped, maybe im wrong though
        Hipshot Extender keys work like that, but with a D-Tuna you're supposed to tune to D first with the lever pulled back, then adjust it so that it comes up to E with the lever pushed back in.
        Last edited by dystrust; 12-08-2022, 04:55 PM. Reason: Hookt ahn fonix werkt fer mi!
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

ah, gotcha. thanks for correcting my mistake

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
            Sounds like something is wrong. What you're doing is the way I've always been shown to do it. The fine tuner should change the pitch of the E when the D-tuna is engaged. If it's not changing the pitch, there could be a mechanical issue.
            Nothing changes if I turn it clockwise or counterclockwise. Mechanical issue where? Is it the spring? Th d tune is moving freely. The guitar came in tune from the store. I played it extensively lately and yesterday I was in the need to tune it again. Failing. Checked on the internet but it was useless.

Comment

Originally posted by EmiAba View Post

Nothing changes if I turn it clockwise or counterclockwise. Mechanical issue where? Is it the spring? Th d tune is moving freely. The guitar came in tune from the store. I played it extensively lately and yesterday I was in the need to tune it again. Failing. Checked on the internet but it was useless.
              Sounds like the little fine tuner screw on the D-tuna that you're supposed to turn to change the pitch of the E note (the one shown in the pic below) is not engaging correctly to change pitch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Engaged-3.png
Views:	110
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	6209593

That's the one you're turning to get it back in tune, not the regular fine tuner thumbwheel for the low E (which does nothing with a D-tuna installed) . . . right?
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Sounds like the little fine tuner screw on the D-tuna that you're supposed to turn to change the pitch of the E note (the one shown in the pic below) is not engaging correctly to change pitch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Engaged-3.png
Views:	110
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	6209593

That's the one you're turning to get it back in tune, not the regular fine tuner thumbwheel for the low E (which does nothing with a D-tuna installed) . . . right?
                Yes right

Comment

Working...
                X