Do any of you guys use them?

I use Humidipaks in my acoustic case.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

No need here in Florida.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have dehumidifiers in the house, so the humidity is controlled and constant. No need for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          I have dehumidifiers in the house, so the humidity is controlled and constant. No need for them.
          How the heck don’t you need humidification in the winter? I have who house humidifiers and room ones and I still put them in my case.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I don't care about humidity for my electrics - they seem fine with everything we get. My acoustic though I'm fussy about . . . the top will swell and the action raises (and it doesn't sound as good) when it gets too humid, and I'm afraid to find out what happens if it gets really dry. So I have a digital hygrometer that I keep in the case with the guitar, and I check it every day when I pull it out of the case.

I keep a music nomad sound hole humidifier with a small sponge in my acoustic during the winters where humidity drops below 30% in the basement.

It gets really humid here in the summer. Usually we've got a few months where humidity in my basement is bouncing from 60 - 80%. I just put some silica gel balls in a pair of my wife's old pantyhose and stick it in my acoustic case. This will drop the case humidity down to around 50 - 60%. After a couple weeks the silica gel balls will change colour and stop absorbing moisture . . . so you just stick 'em in a bowl and microwave for a minute or so to dry them out. A couple lbs of color changing silica gel is like 10 - 20$ and will last you a really long time. Way cheaper than any of those commercial solutions.
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

You're in NM, I would think that the lack of humidity would be more of a problem. But even here in AZ, the humidity in my house stays steady ~70%.
              When I grew up in NE, it would get so dry in winter that you could pull 1" sparks off a doorknob after walking across the living room carpet.
              And as Steve said, I would be more concerned about an acoustic guitar than an electric.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                You're in NM, I would think that the lack of humidity would be more of a problem. But even here in AZ, the humidity in my house stays steady ~70%.
                When I grew up in NE, it would get so dry in winter that you could pull 1" sparks off a doorknob after walking across the living room carpet.
                And as Steve said, I would be more concerned about an acoustic guitar than an electric.

Im only worriend about thé acoustics.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

How the heck don’t you need humidification in the winter?
                  There is a lot of clay in NH so our foundations hold a lot of moisture. Our basements are damp all year round. If you do not run a dehumidifier anything paper, cardboard, or wood gets ruined in the basement. Black mold could also be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

There is a lot of clay in NH so our foundations hold a lot of moisture. Our basements are damp all year round. If you do not run a dehumidifier anything paper, cardboard, or wood gets ruined in the basement. Black mold could also be a problem.
                    Kinda makes me miss the place.

Comment

Working...
                    X