N(A)GD x2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N(A)GD x2

With all the cyber deals out there, I just couldn't pass up this "open box" Acoustasonic Jazzmaster. I've been on the lookout for one since my J45 is my favorite acoustic tone and this models a J45 quite nicely.

While it was on the way, I found out that the shop had a CB Alyn Rosebud in the back room that they were going to send back to him. He's currently semi-retired in Spain, but called and offered me a crazy deal. If you haven't played one, they sound better than pretty much any electrified acoustic I've heard. They play so easily and weigh somewhere around 5 pounds. Necks were done for him by Anderson as well. I prefer the single cut, but couldn't say no for the price. Unfortunately, having just moved and still not having a reliable gig I'm probably going to have to cut one loose. A good friend of mine has one of the single cut Rosebuds and is working me over to sell it to him instead of the Jazzmaster.

How's the acoustasonic? I haven't been able to play one, but they seemed cool.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
      How's the acoustasonic? I haven't been able to play one, but they seemed cool.
      Sounds odd acoustically, thin and punchy, but still fairly loud for something not much thicker than a standard electric. Plugged in, it's pretty good. Definitely sounds more "produced" with the EQ more post production than raw in the room. You can still get by for a couple tunes as an electric with the humbucker, but nobody will be talking about that as a legendary tone. All in all, good and versatile tool for live or even quick recording. A lot easier than getting perfect mic placement in a home studio.

The only real negative is if you want to go from an "A" tone to a "B" tone on another switch position. That's not going to be smooth, but it's not something I care about.

Comment

How does the best acoustic sound on the Jazzmaster compare to the regular ol' piezo sound on a mid-level acoustic?
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          How does the best acoustic sound on the Jazzmaster compare to the regular ol' piezo sound on a mid-level acoustic?
          No comparison. I prefer the J45, but the D28 sound is excellent. The jumbo, parlor and auditorium sounds are all useful as well. They all definitely sound much better than a standard piezo, including the one in my J45.

Comment

Working...
          X