Bridge On Fender Squier VI Bass....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge On Fender Squier VI Bass....

Greetings folks,,, now that I have the bass in hand, the bridge is simply flopping around in it's holes in the body,,, I'm an electric guitarist, but my intuition tells me that this is not an optimum setup, & that the bridge would perhaps sit better in a threaded receptacle or even drilled directly into the body.... Is there something that most all new Bass VI owners do to improve on this flimsy setup??
    thnx

After 60+ years as a 6 & 12 stringer, this Bass VI is an afterthought, & there's a whole gosh darn community around these guitars & their issues....
    I'm not going full-on bass, but this thing needs to rock properly,,,,!!

oh, & now I need another amp??

Comment

Your only options would be to reinforce the current bridge or to replace it. Decide how handy you want to try to be. No, you don't need a new amp.
      The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

Is the bridge on that lockable? I haven't played one in years, but would love to build one from parts.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I got a Bass VI like recently with fixed bridge so I can’t help with that but you can use whatever amp you want, you’ll just get different results. Im splitting my signal in two in my digital rig: lows going to an Aguilar bass amp, rest going to a Jazz Chorus.

Comment

Working...
          X