Pickguard Mock-Up...Cool or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
    Just saw this in a video. This is kind of a cool in-between idea.

That's an interesting design, I could go for that one.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Just saw this in a video. This is kind of a cool in-between idea.
      I just saw that design recently, also! Nice tweak on the classic:

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Actually, yes. I hate that it means buying a new bridge, but it will absolutely look better.
        What if I put chrome covers on the pickups...would that make it look more cohesive or just too blingy? Or is it that the chrome hardware just doesn't look quite right against the green finish?

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post

What if I put chrome covers on the pickups...would that make it look more cohesive or just too blingy? Or is it that the chrome hardware just doesn't look quite right against the green finish?
          Chrome everything wouldn't be too blingy. I think all black would be better, though. But this is coming from someone who thought he didn't like green until he saw your guitar.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I like the junior style mock up the most, but I would be inclined to go with a black pearl guard for any of the other styles. In any other style, I'd also suggest considering white pearl as well. Pearloid guards both break up the bling and add to it at the same time for me.

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post
              I'd also suggest considering white pearl as well.
              Here's what a white pearloid pickguard would look like. Different shape (Jaguar bass), but same Goblin Flake finish:

Thoughts?

Comment

Thoughts?
                Cool bass!

Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

As fr as pickguards go, I like the black (with black hardware) better than the white, but I still like no pickguard with back hardware best of all.

Comment

Thank you, guys! I genuinely appreciate the input and suggestions!

Here it is without a pickguard...thoughts?

Yes, this.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

These are very crude, some lines need to be adjusted and relocated to follow the body better, but this is what came to my mind.

Meteora type

Grabber type (needs the lines near the bridge and body edge moved away from those borders. The main thing was just the straight angle and a little bit of guard around the knob and switch)

Taylor SB1X type. (Needs the point behind the knob softened to be rounder.)

LP Junior Double-cut type

LP Junior type
                      Good lord.

Comment

Chrome?
                        Uh, if you want.
                        I wouldn't.

Comment

These are very crude, some lines need to be adjusted and relocated to follow the body better, but this is what came to my mind.

Meteora type

Grabber type (needs the lines near the bridge and body edge moved away from those borders. The main thing was just the straight angle and a little bit of guard around the knob and switch)

Taylor SB1X type. (Needs the point behind the knob softened to be rounder.)

LP Junior Double-cut type

LP Junior type
                          My vote is for the first one in the thread and in this one the LP Jr double cut only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                            Chrome?
                            Uh, if you want.
                            I wouldn't.
                            I gave in and ordered a black bridge and tuners for it. I'll take updated pics with the black hardware, which should be here this week.

Still torn on whether to go pickguard or not. Maybe with the black hardware in place, the choice will be more apparent.

​​​​You guys have been awesome with this, so thank you! More pics in a couple days

Comment

Can't wait to see the updated pics!

Comment

Working...
                              X