The Ed O'Brien sig strat is actually pretty cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ed O'Brien sig strat is actually pretty cool

It is just a contoured strat but sounds awesome and the tweaks fit their sound perfectly. One of the cooler sigs I've seen.

Last edited by Clint 55; 03-31-2023, 05:20 PM.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Looks cool, and I love the electronics. What is with the 6-screw bridge? Is it MIM? Not that matters; I love my MIM Fenders.

Comment

It is MIM. The electronics are cool. Usually I go 'bah' at sigs, and onboard electronics peeve me, but this one is really cool. The pickups work perfectly for what he does, and that sustainer thing is cool. 1 switch turns it on and off and the other one switches between sustaining the fundamentals, the harmonics, or both.
      Last edited by Clint 55; 03-31-2023, 05:50 PM.
      I bought them for you

Comment

One of the few signature guitars I'd consider, and I had to look up who this guy was. He uses pretty cool guitars.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I've wanted one of these for a while now, the only thing that stops me is the master volume (I would need to add a volume for the middle)
          It's funny how some stories became historic,
          especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
          But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

^ You could probably wire that up.

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            One of the few signature guitars I'd consider, and I had to look up who this guy was. He uses pretty cool guitars.
            It's pretty cool innit. It seems really effective for music making in a band.
            I bought them for you

Comment

Cool that it has a sustainer stock. I had a hard time finding those individually to make my own Strat.

Comment

It sounds good. Each position sounds bad ass. @ 5:45.
                I bought them for you

Comment

Sustainers are a PITA to install. It is better to get a guitar with them built in. I know Fernandes was doing it about 7 years ago, and this is the 1st Fender I've seen with one.

Comment

I like everything about it except the V neck and the 9.5" radius.

Comment

That guitar does sound pretty great.
                      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I really like that. And I'm glad it's MIM so it probably isn't crazy expensive. Nice to see a really well thought out sig model that's more than just "model x but blue" or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by voggin View Post
                          Nice to see a really well thought out sig model that's more than just "model x but blue" or whatever.
                          Yep haha

I bought them for you

Comment

Most signature models are just a collection of specs they have used in the past, but not in that exact order.

Comment

Working...
                            X