banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well today ended an era for me. As of now don't own a pointy guitar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well today ended an era for me. As of now don't own a pointy guitar.

After playing pointy guitars for decades on stage today my last one left. My beloved Pinky 91 Carvin X220 went home to Kiesel and to a collector there. In return I got a new Delos for her. Bitter sweet day as have owned this guitar for almost 3 decades. Supposed to get the new Delos next Tuesday according to Fed Ex and Pinky will arrive at Kiesel the same day. Thanks Chris for the help over the years buddy and know she went to a good home!
    The new Delos
    The Kiesel Guitars Custom Shop makes pro quality guitars, basses, pickups and accessories for musicians of all levels. Made in the USA, ...
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Don't feel bad. Everybody has to grow up some time. :P
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

The X220 was a guitar I always wanted when I was 13, from looking at the 2 page ads in Guitar Player. When I finally played one years later, I am glad I kept my Strat.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Those guitars make me think of Craig Chaquico.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
          Don't feel bad. Everybody has to grow up some time. :P
          Once had quite the collection of those guitars. I kept that one because first at 6.5 lbs it was super light second balanced on a strap better than any guitar I have ever played then add it plays like butter and sounds fantastic. Down side is with all the points these are fragile and I just like my newer Carvin Kiesels better so it wasn't getting played.
          A few years ago if I didn't show up at church with it for a while folks started asking where it went so this is a little bitter sweet. I needed a really good Strat and Chris had a hole in his collection and really wanted her so this just made sense.
          This is just a few of these guitars I had from the hairband days.
          Last edited by Ascension; 05-24-2023, 05:36 PM.
          Guitars
          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            The X220 was a guitar I always wanted when I was 13, from looking at the 2 page ads in Guitar Player. When I finally played one years later, I am glad I kept my Strat.
            Had a couple that weren't anything special but this one was. One of the best playing guitars I have ever owned plus how light it was much different guitar than my other 2 black X220's were. Scale length was also different as this one had the 24.75 Gibson scale, one of the others had the LS 175 22 fret 25.5 Strat scale and the other was a 25 scale. Really special guitar.
            Guitars

Comment

I would have bought that off you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post

Had a couple that weren't anything special but this one was. One of the best playing guitars I have ever owned plus how light it was much different guitar than my other 2 black X220's were. Scale length was also different as this one had the 24.75 Gibson scale, one of the others had the LS 175 22 fret 25.5 Strat scale and the other was a 25 scale. Really special guitar.
                One thing that did surprise me about this guitar was how light it was for having a maple body.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

One thing that did surprise me about this guitar was how light it was for having a maple body.
                  This one is not maple it's a poplar body. Most of the first V220's were ether Maple or KOA when the X 220 came out there were other wood options. Those first gen V220's are HEAVY this is a completely different guitar than a V220. Look at the photo here the Red and White guitars on the couch are V 220's the 2 black guitars in front are the Much sleeker and smaller X220's. There weren't that many of them built. The X 220 is a second gen Carvin Ultra V with front horns wish I had a photo of a X and V 220 side by side as there is a HUGE difference in size and weight. Also most of the V220's were set neck guitars the X 220's were all neck through guitars. This may well be the only X ever built in Pearl Pink. When it was time to let it go I wanted Chris in particular to get her as he works at Kiesel and has a large collection of these old pointy Carvins. He's wanted this particular guitar for years.
                  Last edited by Ascension; 05-25-2023, 12:12 AM.
                  Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                    I would have bought that off you.
                    Chris has been my Carvin Kiesel sales rep for years. We are good friends and he has wanted this particular guitar for a LONG time. I promised him if I ever parted with it he got the first shot.
                    Guitars

Comment

It's called maturity.
                      It happens to most people sooner or later, but, sadly, not to everyone.
                      Congratulations on growing up.
                      Originally Posted by IanBallard
                      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                        It's called maturity.
                        It happens to most people sooner or later, but, sadly, not to everyone.
                        Congratulations on growing up.
                        More like old age and wanting to make sure this one to goes to a good home. The pink guitar is a great player super light and sounds good it's just fragile and looks weird. Been a guitar I have owned for 30 years for a reason it's just time for her to go to a new home. Will miss her though and should get the new one ether tomorrow or Tuesday.

Guitars

Comment

Working...
                        X