No announcement yet.

How can people spend so much time chasing EVH tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the Dio albums, but I am not sure if I personally rates Campbell's tones as highly as the aforementioned. That said, my tastes in this matter tend to veer towards the later eighties and very early nineties, so that doesn't really surprise me. The beautiful thing about it is that there is a sea of nuance to choose from and to discuss from this era, since there were arguably more top-tier players here than in any other period of rock.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
      The obsession seems to be more with EVH's gear (which is a not-fully-documented mystery, hence the endless chase), the assumption being if you have his gear you'll have his sound also. But even famous artists that came after copped his sound with their own different gear. I'm thinking of Warren DiMartini, George Lynch, Vitto Bratta and others that got that sound and took it in their own direction.
      Dino Cazares up to this day says he's going for the EVH tone, LOL.

Comment

They got nothing better to do. Simple as.
        Originally posted by Myaccount876
        Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Working...
        X