New project!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New project!

I was looking to sell this thing a while back, mainly because I was never satisfied with the neck. It was a cheap Amazon retailer. Well, I found this G&L neck on Reverb, and I wanted to be able to move the bridge saddles a bit since they were on top of the mount screws. The G&L Neck is a 22 fret with no overhang, so that moves them toward the neck pocket. I don’t know if the body was drilled with the bridge too close to the neck pocket for a regular Fender scale. This gets two birds stoned at once. I already have a G&L Legacy that I really like, so I was glad to find this one.

I tried EMG’s in it for a super tele type of thing, and that never quite worked for me either, so it’s back to passives. Thinking a Brobucker bridge and a Phat Cat neck.
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Originally posted by Securb
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Well, it is pretty....hope you find the right combination for it. What kind of sounds are you going for?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      Well, it is pretty....hope you find the right combination for it. What kind of sounds are you going for?
      Eh, depends. I’ve got and LP, SG, Dot, so just something different. I experiment until I find something that works.
      ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...

Comment

Brobucker bridge Phat Cat neck sounds like a great combination. Don't forget to experiment with the magnets in the Phat Cat, it does have 2 of them.
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

If it were me (and I know you are you), I would be trying...

Duncan Antiquity JB/Jazz with traditional 250k pots and wiring
          DiMarzio Super Distortion / P-Rail neck (with switching or Triple Shot to get at the combos)
          Duncan Custom Shop Nokie Edwards set (if they'll still make them for you?)
          Duncan El Diablo bridge (Iommi blade version) / Custom Shop Silverbird neck (basically a neck version A2 bar pickup)
          Duncan Black Winter set with coil split switching (yes, they can twang when split on a Fender scale guitar, so you get metal heat and picking twang in one guitar)
          Duncan Custom 5 bridge, Jazz neck, or Custom Custom bridge, A2P neck, if the A5 versions are too bright

If I were doing Brobucker bridge, I'd either get a Custom Shop Brobucker neck made, or put a Seth Lover in the neck

Comment

So, I like most of those ideas, but I had a phat cat and Brobucker in the parts bin. I think that set up is still worth as much as the rest of the guitar already!

Comment

Here's where it ended up
              Attached Files

Comment

Where is seafoamer?
                Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
                Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Working...
                X