Jackson Kelly Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Kelly Star

If I were an endorsed artist, this would probably be my shape.

Rare Jackson Kelly Star, branded "Grover Jackson" for Japanese domestic market.

Again, these kind of shapes--so hard to find in the American market for a decent price. A BC Rich Ironbird is almost there but not quite as sleek.

Put a Sustainiac and a Graphtech Ghost system in it and we're getting started. Options. Features. Wiring complexity. Tones. I'd even slap a Kaos Pad on there if there were room for one to fit.

Not a Strat with an Evertune bridge and call it a day.

Again, it's just a Rhoads V with an Explorer on top, doing away with the BC Rich Mockingbird-ish rear swoosh on the back.

I get lack of demand for the star shape, but it shouldn't be considered as hard or special to manufacture as what it is held out to be--as some kind of 80s throwback companies "bring back" again for a "special X year anniversary run" like the Destroyer. You've kept your Vs and Explorers in production. You can keep this going too.

A Dean ML has nothing on this. Headstock alone looks huge to make room for the logo but I think out of all my guitars my Epi Explorer headstocks have to be the largest. Big 'ole bananas.

Don't get me started on doing this as an 8 string A E A D G B E A with a practical high A string and Floyd Rose that can pull that A to C# and not break a sweat.

About $1.7k on Reverb. Isn't worth that much just because it's a rare shape.

Just make it less rare.

Comment

That thing is siiiiiick!
      https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

That's one of the only three pointy guitars I like, the other two being the Warlock & Mockingbird.

Comment

KEWEL
          Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
          https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Yeah, cool body style.
            "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I like that.

Comment

Working...
              X