THE Tele Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE Tele Les Paul

I just got my Kingfish Tele Deluxe and I think it is a near perfect blend of Fender and Gibson DNA. Between the 25.5" scale, TOM bridge and amazing Kingfish signature pickups, it sounds like nothing I have ever played before. Pickups are very touch sensitive, have that vintage Fender throaty growl and microphonic in a good way - to my ear, Fender's take on PAFs.

It weighs in at around 8lb 3oz, is well balanced and the "V" neck is hardly v-shaped at all, but is super comfy and satiny smooth. Another Gibson trait is the 12" radius rosewood fretboard. I've never liked the CBS headstock, but it just works on this one. And you get no other choice except the gorgeous metallic purple finish.

The only negative has nothing to do with the instrument itself, but Fender has cheaped out on their sh!tty flimsy case. By comparison, a new American Standard Strat in 2010 came with a TSA certified flight case for under $1000 -- granted 14 years ago, but still... But for my purposes the case is for storage, not travel so this is a gripe more than an issue for me.

If you're in the market for a premium Tele Deluxe or can't decide between an LP or a Tele and you're into purple guitars you owe it to yourself to give this one a look.

Christone “Kingfish” Ingram is pioneering a new generation of blues with the Kingfish Telecaster Deluxe. Featuring a comfortable “V”-shaped roasted maple nec...
    Attached Files

Very cool guitar! It has ties to Steve Morse's original mongrel Tele, too.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Nice guitar. It addresses every thing I do not like about a Tele. The uncomfortable bridge and the single coil pickups.

Comment

Nice one. Personally I love the CBS headstocks after I discovered they impart better sustain, which matches a Les Paul.

Comment

Of course, there is also this Tele / Paul combination....

Click image for larger version

Name:	seymour_01-3.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	6275459
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	seymour_01-3.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	6275459
            ALL the LIKES!

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Badass, love it. Congrats.

Comment

Cool guitar. My Teles are pretty conventional, though one has a P90 neck/hot bridge and another has the Quarter Pound Tele set.
                Been telling myself I should have a humbucker Tele someday, but have been ambivalent about wide range reissue hums.
                This one seems like a pretty neat hybrid.
                "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Very cool guitar! I love the color!
                  Interesting combination of LP (bridge + buckers), Tele (body), and Strat (neck...soft "V"?).
                  Originally Posted by IanBallard
                  Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                  X