Tone is in the pickguard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tone is in the pickguard

Didn't want to waste my time reading that...the title/description was too stupid to consider. Normally I enjoy a good battle of wits, but there are no "wits" here.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

The science behind this actually makes good sense.

Comment

This could open up a new frontier in the hunt for rare materials. Maybe not as important as the minerals and metals used in electronics manufacturing - at least not yet - but anyone who's in a position to capitalize on a newly discovered reserve of this Triassic dinosaur oil could benefit from a huge and unexpected upside.
        Take it to the limit
        Everybody to the limit
        Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post

Didn't want to waste my time reading that...the title/description was too stupid to consider. Normally I enjoy a good battle of wits, but there are no "wits" here.
          today is..?

Comment

it was April 1st guys
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
              it was April 1st guys
              But the Triassic dinosaurs had smaller bones!
              Take it to the limit
              Everybody to the limit
              Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

Originally posted by AniML View Post

today is..?
                Oh, dang it! I missed that!
                If there is a sucker born every day then there are a million on April 1st.
                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I mean, sure, April Fools, but let's be real... the market for original 1950s and 1960s pickguards is probably closer to $10K than we want to think it is.
                  Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

how much do m69 pickup rings go for?

Comment

lol, Gibson..

Nothing like cracked gummy 70 yr old plastic to make all the difference

And these are the same moron's who say "tone isn't in the finger's"

Cuz Gary Moore had such an incredible tonefull pickguard
                      "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                      If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

On a serious note, the pickguard did make a difference when I changed it on my Strat...

... because one pickguard has the hole for the bridge pickup 2 or 3 mm closer to the bridge, which I much prefer.

Comment

Ya, cuz a Strat has the pup's mounted on the pickguard. I can see that mattering. In this case (Les Paul) with pickups mounted to the body, it's the sympathetic resonance of the pickguard that supposedly makes all the difference. Call me a sceptic, but that's utter BS
                          "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                          If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I didn’t even have to open the article. I figured everyone would be used to this happening by now .
                            The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                              On a serious note, the pickguard did make a difference when I changed it on my Strat...

... because one pickguard has the hole for the bridge pickup 2 or 3 mm closer to the bridge, which I much prefer.
                              Oh yeah, changing the position of the pickup under the string is quite a dramatic difference. The timbre of most bass guitars is heavily determined by exactly where they mount their pickups. I have an idea that expands upon the concept for the OG Gibson Grabber but with a less pathetic range of motion and more stability once located.
                              The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X