NGD:My cheapest Ibanez axe yet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post

Nice, I've never played one of those. They do belong to the Sabre family but are even further removed from the original S design....like an S meets PRS or LP or something. Still,I'd like to try one someday if opportunity knocks..
    Yep, more PRS than LP, in the look at least. I was about to pull the trigger a PRS S2 McCarty 594 (made in America) but found the Ibanez SZ520 for 1/5 of the price. I would say they are very close in quality, but I had to change the pickups on the Ibanez.

Comment

Ibanez makes great bang for the buck guitars. That SZ is an oddball for them though, Short scale, set neck, string thru ..you don't see them make too many of those. An interesting guitar to try no doubt about that. What stock pups were in it?
      "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
      If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Duncan Designed Distortion bridge and 59 neck

Comment

With my Sire S7 for comparison. This one shreds like a beast so..it' up there w/ the Ibby's speed -wise. Tonally it's got a more traditional strat tone w/ the Alnico pups...ie...more scooped sweet, warm, round & vintage sounding. But it's still pretty articulate & works great for shred....even when you need to follow all those sweetass changes at breakneck speed ..alt-picking, (7 not 8 finger) tapping, sweeping & all

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

1 strike on YT wtf?

Luckily one has alternatives

Other notable shredster's...my Cort's..

This with my X11 Dragon eye burst w/ one of the best looking tops I've ever seen (EMG Fat 50 Retroactive neck) ...probably need to lower it's height a bit cuz it's a bit tubby.

Youtube

Comment

Yeah that neck pup's right up against the strings almost (They both are ..bridge too). I know that's what EMG recommends, but I've always found them to sound way better with their height set like passives...about halfway between the top of the pup-rings & bottom of the strings (roughly)..

My Schecter Sun Valley Shredder (Hot 70 Retroactive bridge, Sustainiac in the neck) came that way too & I lowered it straight away....huge improvement imo...

Youtube

Comment

This track w/ my Randall T2 & Laney V30 2x12 cab (no efffects/dry mono track) on the bridge pup of my Gio..

Youtube

Comment

OMG! There you go posting 100 soundclips again. Ya hear one, you've heard them all.
                  Originally Posted by IanBallard
                  Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

be nice its his thread
                    EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Yeah, I'm trying to be nice. But he's been told before to post all these in the "Tips and Clips" forum.

Comment

These are deep studies of the tonal properties of the new Guitar (GSA60) w/ different pup positions explored (thoroughly). thru different cabs w/ different mics etc..ie..and then all that data compared w/ other similar/dissimilar guiitar's.

So it's all very scientific & educational. You should take the opportunity to imbibe that valuable knowledge/information & learn/improve yourself ( and while you're at it get your playing skills up to uhm speed as well..cuz 'inspiration'.) Use this as a golden opportunity to improve yourself & don't let tin/caulilower ear get you down as can so easily happen ). It's never a bad thing to learn right? (or so I've been told )

That said,I don't get what the difficulty is in just ignoring this thread if ignorance & vacantness is your thing....

I mean lol, why even come in here? This is a sanctum of knowledge. So if that's not your thing why are you here?

A question you must no doubt ponder

But then some people are just so against improving themselves & learning things sheesh

A wise man once said "there is much to learn & more to gain from it" (haha, made that one up myself actually ...same thing)

But yep, there are more...

“For the best return on your money, pour your purse into your head.”
                        Benjamin Franklin

“Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.”
                        Anthony J. D’Angelo

“Change is the end result of all true learning.”
                        Leo Buscaglia

“Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardour and diligence.”
                        Abigail Adams

“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”
                        Henry Ford

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
                        Mahatma Gandhi (woohoo..that makes two from the man )

“We now accept the fact that learning is a lifelong process of keeping abreast of change. And the most pressing task is to teach people how to learn.”
                        Peter Drucker

“The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.”
                        Alvin Toffler

“You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives.”
                        Clay P. Bedford

“In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.”
                        Phil Collins

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                          OMG! There you go posting 100 soundclips again. Ya hear one, you've heard them all.
                          This is what concerns me. Your struggle w/ tin/cauliflower ear is real...

No ..they're not the same thing

Youtube

Comment

And more scientific research (plus upcoming NPD thread in the pedal forum...which I suggest GuitarDoc just stay out of instead of all his whinging & whining again)..cuz this bad boy came in earlier today. Just plugged it in and hit go...it was on the 'talk wah' setting which, as it turns out is a fun setting indeed

The normal wah sounded great too..have'nt yet checked out the fuzz...

Youtube

Comment

One thing I will say..it's not the sturdiest looking/feeling wah pedal out there. It's plastic (though they have some fancy name for it). I knew that though & it did'nt bother me. My Behringer Hellbabe is plastic too but it's got a lot heavier & more solid look & feel to it and has been going strong for years though I don't use it much..

This one feels kinda lightweight & looks a bit flimsy. I mean ...who knows it might actually be solid as a rock. (cuz it's made of w/e magic plastic)

In any case it should be fine for home/studio use but I would'nt be entirely comfortable gigging w/ it regularly...which since I don't play gigs anymore should'nt be a problem

Youtube

Comment

A wise man once said:
                                All those quips about learning and change...and yet you are still the same.

PS: a "cauliflower ear" is a physical deformity and has nothing to do with ability to hear. (Are you attesting to your inability to learn? Ah, very subtle!)
                                Last edited by GuitarDoc; 05-14-2024, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X