Magicstomp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magicstomp?

Hey guys....check out the new forum, woah! I guess I'll get started posting!

I was looking at the Magicstomp and thought it looked interesting. Anyone try this thing? I'd mostly be interested in it handling reverb/delay, modulation, and special effects. I've never really heard a modelled distortion I liked, so that'd be gravy if it any good sounds...what do you guys think?

Mike
    Last edited by MDS; 03-11-2004, 03:19 PM.

Re: Magicstomp?

Originally posted by msawitzke
    Anyone try this thing?
    Hey Mike:

I just got a Magicstomp last Friday. I've gone through all the sounds and I must say, they sound really good -- must be the 32-bit DSP. Anyway, I'm just starting to get into the Sound Editor. I'll report back once I dig into it.

With a street price hovering around 2 bills, great sounds, stomp box portability, and the USB interface, I must say, it's a lot of product for not a lot of bucks.

Will it replace the POD? Perhaps. It's already made my J-Station obsolete.

Anyone else using it?
    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

What exactly is it? Anybody got a link? If Evan likes it, I'm sure it's good. I'd be interested in reading about it.

Comment

www.magicstomp.com There is also some info on Yamaha's home page.

Comment

Thanks man!! I haven't read all about it yet, but I have listened to alot of the sound samples and I must say I'm impressed.

Comment

Hey Evan,

As a clear tone connoisseur, I'm very interested in your opinion on this thing. Are the distortions/amp sims usable sounds? I'd expect all the verbs and delay kinda stuff to be cool, but distortion seems to be elusive for these kind of boxes.

Thanks man,

Mike

Comment

Are the amp simulations any different from the DG-Stomp ones?

I much prefer the knob-and-footswitch deisgn of the DG-Stomp. If the amp sims are the same I'll just stick to it.

Thanks

Marin
              °
              my stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Marinblues
                Are the amp simulations any different from the DG-Stomp ones?
                The models and effects are derived from the DG amps, AG-stomp and Yamaha SPX series.

There are three knobs on the Magicstomp that let you adjust the three main parameters for each patch; but if you use the Sound Editor, you can make very detailed adjustments to a myriad of parameters using your computer screen as the interface. The Sound Editor also lets you store patches on your computer and transfer them to the Magicstomp whenever you wish.

So, in essence you could tweak and then store your "Metal Gig" patches and your "Country Gig" patches on your computer -- and then load up your Magicstomp with whatever set of effects made the most sense for the gig you're playing that night.

I've always been an old school analog guy, but this thing has really made me take notice.
                Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

If Yamaha makes it, I'm sure it's a few notches above everything else. Yamaha is a funny company. Their stuff sucked horribly
                  in the 70's and 80's, but came outta nowhere in the 90's and 2000's with top notch products. Something changed!
                  Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                  X