banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender Lite Ash Startocasters? USA or MEXI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Lite Ash Startocasters? USA or MEXI?

HI im looking at the info fender gives for their lite ash strat but it doesnt say if its USA made or made in mexico. Also does anyone know how they compare in price to eh american standard strats? I kinda like the way they look and love that afct they come with duncans. Also anyone played one of these? hwo do they sound? Does ash differ from alder and poplar that much? is it lighter? BTW does special edition mean these guitars won't be available for long? I like the way they are and wuild love to own one after i get a les paul, looks liek anice back up axe for me.

Thanks ahead of time guys.
    Proud Master of Strats.....

Re: Fender Lite Ash Startocasters? USA or MEXI?

they are made in korea
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

word has it that there will soon be a tobacco burst version of the Lite Ash series coming out soon. USA made pups, Korean build, but don't let that throw you off. Unless your guitar *has* to be made in the USA for whatever reason, the ones I've played were EXCELLENT!

I picked up a made in Japan strat recently and it's the best quality strat I've played in a very long time.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

All of those "special edition" Fenders in the ~$600 price range are MIK.

Comment

I dont like the natural, but if there's gonna be a tobacco sunburst, I've got Graduation commin up soon......
          This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

korea

Comment

so what s the tonal difference between this axe and say an american strat? how does ash differ from alder? The maple encks on the lite strats lok amazing btw much nicer than the MIM strat necks.
              Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

CLICK ON WOOD DESCRIPTIONS

Been looking at these myself....Birdseye Maple neck & headstock= VERY NICE!!!

My understanding is ash & alder are very similar except ash has a nicer looking grain pattern & is used for transparent colors, whereas alder is closed grained & would be used for solid colors.
                Last edited by PUCKBOY99; 05-24-2004, 05:33 AM.

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
                Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
                FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
                http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

very nice guitars and even have stock duncans. if i were in the market i would jump right on it.. especially if they came out with sunburst

Comment

Working...
                  X