banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

am I the only peavey country/blues picker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am I the only peavey country/blues picker?

I seem to be the outcast these days in that I still love peavey amps warm clean tone. I have always kept a peavy somewhere around and it always seems to get my sweet tooth when doing sessions or live gigs. Anyone else still dig peaveys?

Re: am I the only peavey country/blues picker?

I'm pretty much an amp snob, and I have a great love for Peavey amps. Like any company trying to make a business out of selling amplifiers, Peavey caters to what players want. And, at a price that is a bargain for what you get. My first amp was a Peavey Studio Pro 40 solid state combo, and I've also had a 5150, a Peavey Classic 100 head, and Classic 50 4-10 combo go through my hands. I even had that Peavey Classic 50 at the same time as a Fender Bassman reissue, and still thought the Peavey beat it on every tone. There's amps out there that are much better, but not till you're way past the $1000 mark.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I love peaveys. For me, they do everything I need. I have no pedels what-so-ever, the peavey overdrive/distortion is so good, I really dont need 'em. I sat down and did a head on w/ a bassman RI, a classic 30, and a 57 twin RI, and the 57 beat the classic by a hair. To me, peaveys are the shiz.
      This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

I've never been a fan, though I know a lot of people that really like them. Their overall tone just seems a little harsh for me.
        www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Working...
        X