Pedals with Deville?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedals with Deville?

So, at Sam Ash the other day, I was talking Fender amps with the associate. He was telling me that, if you use a lot of pedals, a Deville will not be high quality, whereas, say, a Cyber Twin (which I don't want) will be better because the line is more "sterile" as he put it. Anyway, does that mean that I can't have any pedals, or maybe a couple (such as my wah, and probably a distortion of some sort, like a tube screamer), or even more than that? Anyone with experience on it, please reply. Thanks!

Re: Pedals with Deville?

"Yeah Fender has great cleans but not so good distortion".Everybody has heard that expression.Well I've had a deville and you can put 300 pedals in front of it and it still sounds weak(distortion wise).There aint no problem adding pedals to it.....a given stompbox will sound just the same in any amp(although with a big twist of the amps main qualities and craps)But still the caracteristic sound of a pedal will be there.....If you've always liked the sound of a....lets say a tube screamer and you think there's something that doesn't add up the problem won't be with the box but yes with the amp.
    Guitars:
    Epiphone Zakk Wylde w/ ZW emg set
    Peavey Wolfgang QT w/ SD scremin' demon in bridge
    Jackson Soloist 3 w/ Jb in bridge
    Ibanez 2570ex vst With tone zone
    2x Ada mp1 preamp
    2x Marshall '68 plexi super lead heads
    Marshall Jcm 800 100 head
    Mesa Boogie triple rectifier head
    Soldano Slo-100 Head
    Combos:
    Marshall Jcm 2000 tsl 602 tube amp

Comment

ive thrown (totally stock) bd-2 and a wah and a dyna comp all chained before a deville and had no problem, the bd-2 came through great, i used it by itself for the msot part. sounded great, but just shy of tube, its a great pedal. id think the deville woudld do fine, but ive only used 3-4 (also a phase 90 and a DD6 or similar boss delay both friends) i nfront and had no problem
      Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
      Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
      Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
      Crate VC-3112
      Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
      Fender Bassman 60

Comment

i know a guy that plays a metal zone into a deville and it sounds friggin' sweet

Comment

Could the $500 difference in price have anything to do with the saleman's recommendation?
          Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
          https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

The Deville will do justice to pedals as well as anything else because it has lots of headroom. Pedals like the Boogie V-Twin were originally known as sounding best with a Fender Twin or similar.. something with lots of clean headroom.

I agree with Les Strat. Remember that sales people are in it for the money, not always for your best interest.
            My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

tube amps sound great with pedals in front of em. don't listen to that dude! I'd try out the amp with the pedal that you were thinking of, but seriously, many of the best pedals out there are designed for tube amps because that's what so many people use. Look at the big names out there. how many use SS amps?
              Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Comment

I use all kinds of pedals with my Blues DeVille and DRRI, and everything works just fine.
                The salesman dangled the worm, but you didn't bite. Good man.
                Now go get yourself a good tube amp, 'bro.

Comment

I think your salesman was trying to sell an expensive amp. There is something to be said about the clarity of a signal from a digital amp, but it's not the big deal that he was trying to make you believe.
                  www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Working...
                  X