banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Checked out the fender 'lite ash' tele today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checked out the fender 'lite ash' tele today...

I know, there's been lots of threads about this guitar, but interest is high, so I figure you guys wouldn't mind...

Didn't plug it in (no time), but gave it a quick play and a pretty thorogh look-over.

Pros:

Nice neck contour (not too thin, a medium 'c' shape that is a shade fatter at the nut than a '62 ri strat, but thinner than, say, the custom shop 64ri strat or the SRV), good woods, vintage-style bridge. It sounded an awful lot like an old tele does unplugged. Sweet, taut, and twangy.

Cons:

General Korean guitar stuff: Poorly cut and placed nut. Finishing on frets was ok but not great. Skunk stripe was a bit messy at end. Plastic truss rod end was less than perfectly inlaid into neck. And the biggie: AWFUL, cheap, poorly applied brassy looking fender logo. It's a small thing, but this was a major turnoff.

So, without plugging it in, how to I rate it?

It's an authentic sounding, nice playing tele. I give it a thumbs-up. If I got one, a new headstock logo, nut, and neck finish would be first on the list of improvements, but if I see one at a discount, I'll grab it. A small amount of work away from being a good workingman's guitar.
    Last edited by Hot _Grits; 05-25-2004, 08:46 PM.
    Originally posted by Jolly
    ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Re: Checked out the fender 'lite ash' tele today...

Sounds like it could turn out to be quite the player...

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
    Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
    Celestion speakers
    Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
    Too many pedals....

Comment

Re: Checked out the fender 'lite ash' tele today...

cool...thanks for the reivew!
      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
      fender mim standard strat
      peavey classic 30
      johnson j-station
      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
      yamaha f-310p acoustic
      taylor 410 acoustic
      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Working...
      X