Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taylor expression system

any taylor owners here?

I'm probably gonna pick up a taylor 712 in the next month or so. I was wondering if anyone had opinions about their expression system, and how it stacks up against other acoustic pickup setups. I'm asking because I hear so much for and against it I'm really confused. Playing it in the shop, I thought that the ES replicates the acoustic tone better than a piezo, and just gives you "more of the same."

However, I don't really know anyone in my town who actually has an ES-equipped guitar (and there are a LOT of taylors around here). Most of these non-ES guitars sound great too.

I'll pretty much be using it for solo fingerstyle, but it would be great if the guitar could hold its own among a louder electric band too. Thanks!
    "After I die I shall return to earth as the doorkeeper of a bordello and I won't let a one of you in." -Arturo Toscanini

Re: taylor expression system

I don't own a Taylor, but I spent a lot of time trying them out recently. I was rather disapointed in the ES system. It sounded good on open positions chords and low notes, but the top 2 strings just sounded weird. Kinda hollow and undefined. I didn't like it at all. I'd be more inclined to go with a K&K Pure Western, Baggs Imix, or B-Band 2.2.

Mike

Comment

Working...
    X