Long Island Guitar Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Island Guitar Show

The Long Island Guitar show was this past weekend, May 22 & 23. The show was extremly enjoyable for me. I have been to all the LI shows in the past, but this was the first year I actually worked the show as an exibitor. The Highlights of the show were all of the amazing performances by to many great players to even consider naming them. I had the priveledge of listening to a 32 year old kid from Kentucky who I can't remember his name play every day in the booth next to mine... Buscarino Guitars. And low and behold 2 booths away was D'Addario. I had an oppurtunity to speak with many of the employees at D'addario as well. What a great bunch of people. Oh and the Guitars. The Eye Candy was every where. I thought I was going to break my neck whipping my head around trying to see everything. There were a couple of guitars worth mentioning. John Montelone had an unbelievably beautiful Archtop at a mere $60,000. And a local guy here on Long Island built a 7 foot tall replica of a Flying V that actually played!!! how cool is that. But the show stopper was at Mirabella Guitars booth. A 1936 Gibson Advanced Jumbo. Hands down this was the best sounding acoustic guitar I have ever played!!! What a great show!! Can't wait till next Year!
    "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Re: Long Island Guitar Show

Damm! I missed it I hear there's gonna be another one in
    Sept. at the Vanderbuilt?
    http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

damn i missed it as well..sounds like a sweet show though!
      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
      fender mim standard strat
      peavey classic 30
      johnson j-station
      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
      yamaha f-310p acoustic
      taylor 410 acoustic
      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

yea man, i woulda come too........next time post the show, but it sounds really cool
        Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
        Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
        Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
        Crate VC-3112
        Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
        Fender Bassman 60

Comment

Originally posted by kmcguitars
          Damm! I missed it I hear there's gonna be another one in
          Sept. at the Vanderbuilt?
          I missed it too. As far as another show at the Vanderbilt I don't thinks so; the Vanderbilt is now an OTB!!!
          John Cipollina August 24, 1943 - May 29, 1989

Comment

Working...
          X