MXR pedals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MXR pedals?

I've got all this extra money and I don't know what to do with it, so I was thinkin of shootin my wad on one of those MXR doubleshot pedals...any info? Thanks

-X
    green globe burned black by sunn

Re: MXR pedals?

No... stay far far away!!!!!

Unless you like muddy tones that color your wonderful setup, stay away. The high gain channel sounds thin and like a swarm of bees. The not so high gain channel offers crappy imitated fuzz tones or really bad (muddy) classic rock tones. Did I mention it hisses and hums like crazy too? It's the worst guitar gear purchase I've ever made. Don't believe those retarded *******s that wrote that magazine review hailing it as a wonderful pedal. I bought it for my Vibrolux Reverb thinking I'd have two solid distortion tones to add to my clean slate, but they both failed miserably... good riddance.

Not all MXR pedals are bad. I modded the newer Phase 90 and it rules.
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

my dyna comp is a greta pedal too, but i have no idea what the double shot is like.
      Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Dy Na Comp! Dy Na Comp! Dy Na Comp!!!
        Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
        https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
        Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Don't spend your money!!!!!!!

SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust me, don't buy stuff you don't really need. When there's something you really want to buy, and you don't have any cash to buy it, you'll regret it... Happened to me too many times.... :P
          There's nothing quite as satisfying as a dancing banana...

Comment

Good advice there. It's so blindingly obvious now why I don't have a Melancon yet

Damn

Comment

Weeeell I actually kind of need (want?) a new pedal, 'cuz my DS-1 is only making a crappy, standard punk rock sound and I want something...I don't know, unique? The doubleshot seemed like it'd be good 'cuz of the two channels but if it's really THAT bad...any other suggestions?
              green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Get a G2D classic or custom overdrive.

Pricey, but you won't be replacing it anytime soon.

Originally posted by Jolly
                ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

I second that. The G2D Custom Overdrive is the best overdrive pedal I have played.

Comment

I've been playing the same Dynacomp for 7 years....
                    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Working...
                    X