banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help, is there something wrong with my gibsons neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please help, is there something wrong with my gibsons neck?

Originally posted by Young Angus
    It was a brand new purchase so the shop can take care of it.

I just took it up then and they are gonna contact the supplier and see what they can do. Im gonna go in every day to see whats happening, its not the sort of problem that looks like it could be just fixed. If they cant get a decent one in, exactly the same colour and chrome hardware, then as much as i want one of those guitars i wont mind having a $3500 store credit for something else, possibly a LP standard

I had a quick look at some more gibsons while i was there and picked up a gibson les paul ebony standard, and the binding on it had similar problems to mine but not as extreme. Seriously whats with gibson being so slack, its really dissapointing for lack of better words from such a reputable company...although their reputation seems to be heading somehwere else according to lots of people.

NOT HAPPY JAN! (thats for the Aussies out there )
    I would seriously check out Hamers (US) guitars, better quality, construction and probably cheaper. If you want the name on the headstock to say Gibson then you may have to put with this. Sorry but it is the truth.
    Normans Guitars

Comment

Re: Please help, is there something wrong with my gibsons neck?

Its seriously ridiculous that something so prestigious and high in price has this crap that you've gotta watch out for. Im determined to find me a good gibson, be it a 137 or a les paul, whatever but i know theres one out there for me and its just something i have to get.

I went up to the shop today to discuss possibilities of an exchange and when that came up the guy who i bought it off went all quiet like id suggested something outrageous and made me feel bad! I mean sh!t im not trying to cause trouble, i just want a guitar that gives me a hard on when i look at it and pick it up and to be honest the 137 wasnt doing it for me. Whether it was the fact that i knew the binding was stuffed or whatever, but i dont want to spend that money on something that doesnt make me want to play it non stop.

I think the fact that i found the binding problem and ive heard from a lot of other peoples experiences that they have bought the same 137's and found flaws all over them. So its not exactly encouraging to get another one as a replacement. I think id be better off finding a really well made les paul standard out of the ones they've got in the shop, of which they have a lot.
      My Soundclick page.

Comment

Working...
      X