telecaster HH blackout questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• telecaster HH blackout questions

ok, I'm thinking about getting one, but no shops around here have them. My guitar now is acoustic, a takamine g-series, and i really like the neck on it, its 20-fretted, 5" circumference (with the strings on). The reason i posted all that is because i think the neck on the blackout is different from the standard teles, i dunno I've never played one, the closest any shop has around here is a standard telecaster. I need this to be able to play everything from indie rock to prog rock to punk, so yeah, i basically need one mean pickup and one pretty one, which is basically what the blackout has (judging from the sound clips) but if the neck feels at all like a jackson (wide & flat) then i'd rather just get a standard tele & put new pickups on. Can anyone make some comparissons between the necks for me? and if i do end up getting a standard & changing the pickups, what would be a good configuration for that much diversity?
    Originally posted by gibson175
    metal zones are for pussies.

Re: telecaster HH blackout questions

If it is the same as the other Korean HH Teles with the set necks they're really nice. Fairly slim, fast neck. Slightly thinner body than a regular Tele with a nice smoothed out heel for upper fret access. They're fairly punchy sounding but not real resonant. Throw in a set of 4-wire humbuckers and run a split and you'd have a very versatile guitar.
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Re: telecaster HH blackout questions

bump
      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
      fender mim standard strat
      peavey classic 30
      johnson j-station
      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
      yamaha f-310p acoustic
      taylor 410 acoustic
      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Working...
      X