1980s Marshall Lead Mofset 100.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980s Marshall Lead Mofset 100.

Anyone have any experience with these mid 80's Marshall solid state heads?
    Theres one at the downtown pawnshop for $300 Canadian, I was thinking of picking it up, but then I could also get a newer MG100CD for a little more. I kinda want a Marshall solid state to set aside as a backup, just not sure if this lead 100 mofset has a decent tone.
    Heavy Metal is a 73 tonne Main Battle Tank :headbang:

B.C. Rich USA ST-III w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rails Neck/Middle, Duncan Custom Bridge. :firedevil

Re: 1980s Marshall Lead Mofset 100.

The Marshall solid state amps were horrible. Stay far far away.
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

One of our resident Marshall experts (y2stevo) should be along shortly and may give you a biased view.

But I have to echo what the_Chris has said they are horrible, noisy and a total waste of time. Whilst they sounded good in a bedroom/shop situation when you were with a band or other guitarists they just did not do it and would squeal, shriek and basically do nothing for you.

Like hopefully you might get the message - STAY AWAY!!
      Normans Guitars

Comment

My friend had one, I helped him to get rid of this piece of junk. He bought a Fender Performer 1000 which has a better tone... so ...
        Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Working...
        X