It's Here It's Here - I found My Dream Strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's Here It's Here - I found My Dream Strings

im not really an Elixir electrics fan, I had the breakage problem too, and I hardly ever break strings. I went back to my D'addarios and Ernie Balls. But i have heard only good things about their acoustic strings.
    "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I use Everly B-52s (.10s) on my Les Paul and Martin's (.11s) on my acoustic.
      I like Gibson Brite wires too, but they are way over-priced.
      ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

I been married 10 years... got married when I was 17. two most comments "shes knocked up" "wont last a year" wrong on both counts so far lol.

Comment

Telerifik, thats awsome bro. My g/f and I have been together for 2 years, and I hope to make our marrage (not yet, but hopefully soon) outlast my parents.
          This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

I was like you too my friend. The first week of the strings were glorious - smooth, rounded tone, and beautiful to play on. After a little bit - the web started to chaff off and before I knew it I was playing on a pieces of rope. Then, as rope will do, they snapped.

Back to Ernie Balls.

Comment

Originally posted by beandip
              Telerifik, thats awsome bro. My g/f and I have been together for 2 years, and I hope to make our marrage (not yet, but hopefully soon) outlast my parents.

Just hang in there man and remember to not be a "guy" all the time. When I learned that there is no such thing as a perfect world and mayberry was only on tv... well things smoothed out. Who wants perfections? we would all be the same and thats just not a very colorful world.

Comment

now I know who to come to when I need advice. I mean, getting married at 17 takes some balls. I know a guy who married his wife w/o dating or going out w/ her. They were part of a study group in school, then went to the same church and were always together, just with other people. Well after 7 years he proposed and theyve been together for some 20 years. Thats some pretty cool ****.
                This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Originally posted by beandip
                  now I know who to come to when I need advice. I mean, getting married at 17 takes some balls. I know a guy who married his wife w/o dating or going out w/ her. They were part of a study group in school, then went to the same church and were always together, just with other people. Well after 7 years he proposed and theyve been together for some 20 years. Thats some pretty cool ****.

That's a great story man. Getting married young offers a whole different set of problems but if you really love each other and are willing to merge lives then it can work. I had to learn that some things are simply not important enough to fight over... sometimes you have to step back and understand "i am fighting about my right to pick my nose" well you get the point lol

As for my wife... well she had to learn that just because she was still young did not mean she could hold onto the safty of mom and dad... understand for most chicks this takes time and understanding, laying the hammer down only makes it worse.

Gawd I feel old

Comment

Uh, back to elixirs... nothing against the married guys though. I've been in a relationship for about a year (not my longest by any stretch), and while it's been good it has also been A LOT of hard work. I have a lot of respect for you guys.

But I digress. I just went back to ernies after using elixirs for about a year on all my electrics. I liked the way they felt and they sounded a little rounder and warmer. However I found myself changing strings almost as often as I do EBs, which is before every session that was somewhat important. The basses stayed in great shape, but the trebles got rough and rusty just as fast as any other set (which is pretty fast for me!). EBs are a little brighter, and I can change them to have that "new string" feel more often without breaking the bank.
                    "After I die I shall return to earth as the doorkeeper of a bordello and I won't let a one of you in." -Arturo Toscanini

Comment

Hey Twoface, just noticed you're from hea...kool. I figure I'll try a set of Elixers and give it a workout and make my decision, I can always go back to EB's, I was just real bummed that the SuperBullets broke so easily...and these were the wounds. Easy Music had them on sale so I bought 6 sets thinking they cost more than EB's, they've been around a long time, must be good...my boys don't play their guitars like I do, so I'll put 'em on theirs.
                      My wife and I were 22 when we married, most seemed to marry 'young' back in the 70's. I know I'm a lucky bastid, I got a great one.

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
                      Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
                      Celestion speakers
                      Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
                      Too many pedals....

Comment

Working...
                      X