banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

picked up my first tube amp today!!!!!!!! ahhh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picked up my first tube amp today!!!!!!!! ahhh!

hey guys! my dad took me over to guitar center today at like 9 o clock for the memorial day sale. I had been planning on buying a tube amp next year, and guess what i got it today! I am the new proud owner of a DSL100 head, and a peavey 4x12! Let me tell u the head absolutely smokes through the cab! I got the head in used but very good condition for 800 (originally 899 100 dollar rebate). what a steal fellas, this amp absolutely smokes!

Thanks for listening guys! If you have any comments, or advice please post! I need some advice as to which tubes to put in my new baby, thanks in advance- andrew

Re: picked up my first tube amp today!!!!!!!! ahhh!

I would like to congragulate you on your induction into the tube 100watt lifestyle....
    Although I myself and only a recent inductee, it is a great lifestyle, myfriend... it truly is....
    I guess what I'm trying to say is, AWSOME! and don't chnage those tubes until they go out on you, why fix it if it ain't broke?
    You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Comment

Sweet, I remember the day I reeled in my first glass amp. Oooh, was I ever such a happy boy?

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarist
        Sweet, I remember the day I reeled in my first glass amp. Oooh, was I ever such a happy boy?
        I was, too... it was amazing.... I couldn't stop looking in the backseat at the Marshall cab.... I'm lucky I didn't get in an accident on the way home....
        You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Comment

lol thanks guys, i know i mean when they do go, what goes well with the particular marshall? btw the tone rules! and the most ive turned up to so far is 4, and omg i thought the coppers were gunna come!

Comment

Originally posted by RhoadsDude1022
            lol thanks guys, i know i mean when they do go, what goes well with the particular marshall? btw the tone rules! and the most ive turned up to so far is 4, and omg i thought the coppers were gunna come!
            Yep that der's y i didnt go the 100watt route,

Even with my DSL 50 i still desperatly need an attenuator.. I remember once i turned mine up full..wow that things loud, i cant even begin to imagine how loud that baby is...

Good luck with your new amp, treat her well an she'll treat you well....
            Marshall JVM 410C
            Mesa Boogie DC-3
            ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
            1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
            2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
            2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
            1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
            2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
            1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Originally posted by y2stevo
              Yep that der's y i didnt go the 100watt route,

Even with my DSL 50 i still desperatly need an attenuator.. I remember once i turned mine up full..wow that things loud, i cant even begin to imagine how loud that baby is...

Good luck with your new amp, treat her well an she'll treat you well....
              Yeah, my 40 watt Hot Rod Deluxe makes the walls buckle at 3. I don't think I will ever need anything louder.
              Congrats on the aquisition Rhoads! Time to be heard!
              ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

nice dude, enjoy, get an attenuator for shure
                Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
                Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
                Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
                Crate VC-3112
                Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
                Fender Bassman 60

Comment

yea thanks again dudes! cant wait till next jam sesh! plus were doin a gig on the 26th shjould be gnarly!

Comment

Congtrats! Now all you need is another 4x12! lol
                    Remember: more is more!!
                    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

My first tube amp was the '68 Fender Bassman and y'know...I don't think I NEED another amp at all.

.....WANT, however...
                      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Working...
                      X