marshall half vs fender amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marshall half vs fender amp

ok, keep in mind that i play everything from indie rock to prog rock to punk, and I'll probably be using a standard telecaster, or tele HH blackout through this. Well i was looking for diversity on a budget, and found the fender fm 212r, which is $350 cheaper than the marshall mg100, same wattage, so i concluded that as long as it had a good clean channel, i could just get a pedalboard made to my specs instead of factory ones and be better off in the end. However, someone told me this was a bad idea because stomp box distortion sacrifices a lot of tone, the fender amp has distortion but being memmorial day i am unable to go do a little playtesting, and i was wondering if A this is true, and B if all my assumptions are true or not.
    Originally posted by gibson175
    metal zones are for pussies.

Re: marshall half vs fender amp

The Fender 212R is pretty loud but sounds very, very Solid State-y (thin, kind of brittle, just missing what i like about tube amps). We used it to run two guitars with distortion pedals on the clean channel in my crappy little punk rock band and it did the job but not exactly with flying colors. I mean it works but I'd rather use something nicer.

My favorite amps are vintage Fender tube amps which you can probably find used for about as much as the 212.

-X
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Re: marshall half vs fender amp

what about a stage 100? my friend wants to sell me one for $300, or a tube pedal? I was planning on getting a pedal board anyways
      Last edited by drew_half_empty; 05-31-2004, 08:17 PM.
      Originally posted by gibson175
      metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

Working...
      X