banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me choose les paul colour, heritage cherry or goldtop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help me choose les paul colour, heritage cherry or goldtop?

It's wood versus Opaque on this one.

I have a tobacco burst R8 Lester and a goldtop heritage 535. Love them both, but I like the wood better.

Now, if I had a choice to get a goldtop R7 or a standard Heritage Cherry, I'd take that R7 all day long and twice on Sunday's. Something about those reissues that just floats my boat.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
      Just my own preferences, but to me, Gold is a "metal" color.
      Any flavor of sunburst, is a "wood" color.

(I voted Cherry.)
      I agree. Although I like the honey burst the best.
      Originally posted by The Minstrel
      Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

I will take note of the poll, but now you guys have got me thinking about other colours dammit!

Does anyone have pics of other burst colours, because i dont know if the gibson website is totally faithful to how the guitars actually look in person.
        My Soundclick page.

Comment

And im definitely planning on making this my main gigging guitar and probably wont mind the occasional character adding mark
          My Soundclick page.

Comment

i been diggin the goldtops lately
            Originally posted by Aceman
            It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

My fav is Honeyburst.

And regarding the historics vs standards: what I am saying is that getting an excellent standard that can beat up a good R7 can happen but the chances are not that high. See? It all depends which standard you are gonna get.

B
              FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

i vote honeyburst. i can't seem to like the goldtops... hahaha. but i like the desertburst on my les paul. =)
                Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus Desert Burst
                Ibanez RG770DX
                Takamine EAN10C Acoustic
                Long live ROCK.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Angus
                  Does anyone have pics of other burst colours, because i dont know if the gibson website is totally faithful to how the guitars actually look in person.
                  Look on Ebay. That's always a good reference point for pics of guitars.

Comment

Cherry!!!

Comment

the only bursts i like are when there isnt a plain top. like if its figured or flamed.
                      Originally posted by Aceman
                      It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Here are mine under sunlite:

95LP standard Honeyburst

03R8 Washed Cherry

04R7 Goldtop

B

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo
                          I absolutely love that washed cherry! But the standards that ill be looking at all have flamed tops i think, which shouldnt be a problem even though id prefer a non flamed top like yours (washed cherry pic above). Id still love a flamed one
                          My Soundclick page.

Comment

Thanks for the pics
                            My Soundclick page.

Comment

Don't mind the flame. There are many like me who prefer plaintops, in fact there is more to it. Generally, Eastern maple tops is the **** that makes gives its biting tone. Western maple (lotsa flame and quilt, those that Warmoth uses) is believed to be softer and not that dense. The result therefore would be a softer, not that punchy tone.

I dunno, nowadays custom shop does the R8's with eastern plain maple tops, and they sound good. R9s come with the flame, but I ain't paying additional $2200 just for the flame.

Some of the standard plus' I have seen look great with the flame. Try one out and if it sounds right, there you go!

B

Comment

BTW glad you lliked them pics.

B

Comment

Working...
                                X