Setup Help!!!! fake Floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setup Help!!!! fake Floyd

So i got a new Jackson DK2.....it has the liscesened folyd rose tremelo, not an original floyd. I'm not really expericenced with floyd setup. I have an sl2h soloist but it was setup great from the factory. The Dk2 i want to be my Eb tuned guitar and as i have been trying to set it up, i cant get it to go into tune or stay in tune. I have the tremolo plate parallel with the body like it is supposed to be but , i just cant get it to stay in tune. HELP PLEASE!!!!! thanx alot!

Re: Setup Help!!!! fake Floyd

has the guitar had time to get used to the change in humidity? Since you just got it every guitar i have ever bought has had that major change when i got it home and gone on for a couple of days.

also did you set the intonation? I would check it if you haven't.
    boreddddddddddd

Comment

Re: Setup Help!!!! fake Floyd

Originally posted by JohnJohn
      This is called neck shock,it happens when all of the strings are pulled off from pitch and new strings are thrown on and the guitar brought straight up to pitch without addressing for the tension flux.
      Or it could be the flux capacitor. Is it giving you 2 gigawatts? (Sorry JohnJohn, I just had to).

Sounds right to me.
      Originally posted by Scott_F
      On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Working...
      X