rewiring my cab-connection question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rewiring my cab-connection question

i'm rewiring my cab for parallel, but i don't have any connectors to connect the wire to the speakers.

it seems to me that soldering the wire to the speakers will work just fine, but i'm wondering if i'm taking any risks by doing this.

Re: rewiring my cab-connection question

Almost all home speakers are wired internally using solder.

So, it just becomes a question of how good your soldering skills are.
    It shouldn't be difficult, but, you can definitely overheat the connector and mess up the little litze wire that goes to the voice coil.

You just want to get on . . . and get off, with the iron.

Comment

awesome. thanks.

Comment

Provided that you solder properly, attaching directly to the speakers will sound better than using connectors.

Also be sure that you use 16 guage wire. Most companies use lighter wire to save money. Using heavier speaker wire vastly improves the tone of most cabinets.
        Last edited by dystrust; 06-02-2004, 08:26 AM.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
        X