Lead Tone add on-guitar volume knob setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lead Tone add on-guitar volume knob setting

Gearjoneser's topic is interesting. As a hobbyist, what I've learned is only from books and videos. One thing I've never been sure about is the guitar volume knob setting. I usually have it on 10 , but then with the gain high I find alot of fretboard noise. I'd like to know where you set:

Guitar knobs
    Gain
    Bass
    Mids
    Treble
    Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Re: Lead Tone add on-guitar volume knob setting

Guitar knobs: Generally 10 on both, I roll my tone knob a lot though.
    Gain: 12:00
    Bass: 3
    Mids: 7
    Treble: 5
    Originally posted by The Minstrel
    Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

Re: Lead Tone add on-guitar volume knob setting

Guitar knobs: Volume, between 3 and 10, usually 3 for clean, 5 to 7 for crunch, 7 to 10 for solos, always 10 there if no od unless it's something fairly clean. Tone, always 10.
      Gain: 7 or 8 with volume on 10 in the low gain side of a 2204.
      Bass: 6
      Mid: 6
      Treble: 7
      Presence: 6
      With my tweed Bandmaster I set the volume on five and just sweep the treble and bass till I hit the sweet spots for whatever guitar I'm playing. With my 335, which is my favorite guitar with that amp, that's treble full, bass 3:00, presence 3:00. I'll work the volume knob on the guitar less with that amp because it's so sensitive to pick attack, but the ranges would be about the same.

Comment

Working...
      X