electro-harmonix 12AX7 tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electro-harmonix 12AX7 tubes

how well would these work in a single rectifier? how would they compare to the stock tubes?
    gear:

'05 gibson les paul studio vintage mahogany (DiMarzio Super Distortion/ SD Jazz)
    '04 gibson SG standard (BurstBucker Pro's)
    mesa/boogie 2-channel dual rectifier (with EL34's)
    marshall 1960A 4x12
    and a few pedals

Re: electro-harmonix 12AX7 tubes

these were bright sounding in my Peavey. i replaced them with JJ's ECC83 for better bass response.
    Psychic Horns

Comment

alright, in that case i probably shouldn't go for them...in an amp where i have the treble below 5, bright sounding tubes wouldn't be the best of ideas...how have the jj's been holding up for you? i've heard a lot of good things about them
      gear:

'05 gibson les paul studio vintage mahogany (DiMarzio Super Distortion/ SD Jazz)
      '04 gibson SG standard (BurstBucker Pro's)
      mesa/boogie 2-channel dual rectifier (with EL34's)
      marshall 1960A 4x12
      and a few pedals

Comment

I LOVE how they sound in my Marshall. 'Crunchy' and 'Edgy' would be the first words I used to describe them, though they are rather bright. I leave my treble about half-way and increase the bass and midrange. I still get the edgy highs and it fills out the low end too.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust
          I LOVE how they sound in my Marshall. 'Crunchy' and 'Edgy' would be the first words I used to describe them, though they are rather bright. I leave my treble about half-way and increase the bass and midrange. I still get the edgy highs and it fills out the low end too.
          Shouldn't be a prob in a Recto! Beast's got more bottom end than J-Lo!

Comment

Try some Shuguang 9th generation 12AX7's. They sound great in Mesa's.

Comment

Lot's of people like the EHX 12ax7's in Rectifiers (myself included).
              || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Working...
              X