His Grace is Amazing

Re: What overdrive are you using?

Originally posted by sweet_lou
    Maxon, 808/820, TS-9, Ts808- Any other.
    TS808 reissue
    TS7
    TS5
    SD1
    Vox ValveTone....Top 5 all modded by yours truly including the DS1....Marshall pedal I Like stock..

DS1
    Marshall Jackhammer
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

my amps
      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
      fender mim standard strat
      peavey classic 30
      johnson j-station
      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
      yamaha f-310p acoustic
      taylor 410 acoustic
      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

TS-808
        Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Original T9 tubescreamer.
          Maxon OD-9 (TS 808 re-issue)
          Boss SD-1
          Big Muff
          Amps - if I can blow them up!!
          Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
            TS808 reissue
            TS7
            TS5
            SD1
            Vox ValveTone....Top 5 all modded by yours truly including the DS1....Marshall pedal I Like stock..

DS1
            Marshall Jackhammer
            TS7&TS5 What are they like compaired to the TS808
            His Grace is Amazing

Comment

Lou,

Meant to ask you is that your (Hamer) Artist Custom in your avatar and if so it looks mighty fine. What do you think of it? Any problems are you happy, if not I'll buy it of you (for half what you paid for it) .

I am sure that you are loving it as I like mine any chance for some really nice close up shots?

Norman
              Normans Guitars

Comment

most often, a Maxon 820:
                "music heals"
                facebook

Comment

Hi Lou. The TS-7 is the Ibanez "Tone-Lok" version of a TS-9. You can lock the knobs, so you don't lose your settings. The TS-5 is the little Plastic Sound Tank version of the TS-9. Both of these pedals are less expensive than the TS-808. You'll need to have Stratdeluxer97 (John Spina) mod one for ya. I think a TS-5 modded by John would be cool !!!! The only Drawback I forsee is that the pedal is all PLASTIC, and may not last as long. Stock, both pedals sound like the re-issue TS-9 ( at least to me, they do), but John can do wonders with them !!!! Either one would save ya some $$$, but both John and I agree that the re-issue TS-808 is a very good pedal. Pricey, compared to some others, but good sounding and sturdy. John can also do a small tweak on the 808, but mine sounded fine to me, right out of the box. I compared it to my Original 808's, and liked what I heard......
                  Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Reverend Drivetrain II and RGW Pistol Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by Norman_T
                      Lou,

Meant to ask you is that your (Hamer) Artist Custom in your avatar and if so it looks mighty fine. What do you think of it? Any problems are you happy, if not I'll buy it of you (for half what you paid for it) .

I am sure that you are loving it as I like mine any chance for some really nice close up shots?

Norman

They will have to pry it form my cold dead fingers.
                      It is evrything I dreamed about neck, comfort, tone, looks. Through my Fender Blues Deluxe MMMMMMMM. I can't learn fast enough

But thanks for your offer

His Grace is Amazing

Comment

Originally posted by 59paul
                        Hi Lou. The TS-7 is the Ibanez "Tone-Lok" version of a TS-9. You can lock the knobs, so you don't lose your settings. The TS-5 is the little Plastic Sound Tank version of the TS-9. Both of these pedals are less expensive than the TS-808. You'll need to have Stratdeluxer97 (John Spina) mod one for ya. I think a TS-5 modded by John would be cool !!!! The only Drawback I forsee is that the pedal is all PLASTIC, and may not last as long. Stock, both pedals sound like the re-issue TS-9 ( at least to me, they do), but John can do wonders with them !!!! Either one would save ya some $$$, but both John and I agree that the re-issue TS-808 is a very good pedal. Pricey, compared to some others, but good sounding and sturdy. John can also do a small tweak on the 808, but mine sounded fine to me, right out of the box. I compared it to my Original 808's, and liked what I heard......
                        Hey Rob...We all know your cheap,lazy,and a real tight wad and that's why you won't send me your 808! :fing25:
                        I Might not give you your pedal back also!

John
                        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

TS-9 modded to 808+ specs
                          I did the mod Stratdeluxer provided the wisdom

I also have a DOD Yngwie J Malmsteen (Big time A-hole) that I use as a door stop or when we play Creep by Radiohead, darn thing doesn't even have an LED
                          My friend gave it to me as a joke since he knows I can't stand YJM
                          If you hook it up backwards it sounds just like him

Dom L
                          1997 Roadhouse Strat
                          2005 Eric Clapton Strat
                          2007 Martin 000-28EC
                          2007 Parts-o-Caster

Comment

Hey Dom, I agree with ya on the TS-9 modded to 808 specs. I have a Keeley TS-9, which is modded out to the 808 specs, and it's Killer !!!! Also have to agree with ya on the YJM thang. LOL .
                            Only The Strong Survive

Comment

i use a boss overdrive that was modded by analogman.com to make it sound like a 808 that i just got ,best birthday present in years
                              Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
                              The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

Working...
                              X