A new toy for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new toy for me

The other night, one of my friends who is getting ready to go to the Air Force Academy brought over a load of stuff for me to have that he was getting rid of. Among this stuff was an old (70's, as far as I can figure) Harmony LP Special knockoff. The action/setup was horrible, so I took it to my tech and get it set up and restrung (for free nonetheless!) And now it plays reasonably well. The pickups are... iffy, especially the bridge one, but for costing me nothing, it's really a sweet little guitar.

there are a few pictures not of my guitar, but of one that I found online that looks exactly the same... the only difference I can see is the color and placement of the serial number sticker. That and mine is way less torn up.
    I'm thinking maybe a '59 set eventually

Re: A new toy for me

if ya replace the pickups, I'll take 'em. I'm lookin for a crap set to mess around with.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

It reminds me of a Gibson "The Paul" model. Free stuff is always cool.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY
        It reminds me of a Gibson "The Paul" model.

Very much so! have fun with it.
        My Bands -
        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

looks like a fun axe to have around...

you'll have fun experimenting with it!!!
          Originally posted by jeremy
          God hates bad guitar tone
          GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
          AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
          EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
          Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

The guitar reminds me of what Gibson brought out many years ago called the Firebrand series. They made LP's and SG's and the body and neck wood was walnut and were an attempt by Gibson to make a cheaper version. They were light and did have some fairly good pups in them if but tended to get overlooked by plenty of people. If you can get them they do come cheap.

But well done and I hope that you treat the guitar with some respect and remember who it once belonged to. As they say free stuff is very nice
            Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Norman_T
              The guitar reminds me of what Gibson brought out many years ago called the Firebrand series. They made LP's and SG's and the body and neck wood was walnut and were an attempt by Gibson to make a cheaper version. They were light and did have some fairly good pups in them if but tended to get overlooked by plenty of people. If you can get them they do come cheap.

But well done and I hope that you treat the guitar with some respect and remember who it once belonged to. As they say free stuff is very nice
              I also meant to say that if the action is still too high and you are unsure of pups then consider it becoming your slide guitar. If you are not a slide player then become one and if you are well that's fine.
              Normans Guitars

Comment

Working...
              X