LSR Roller Nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSR Roller Nut

Mine is on a Wilkinson/Sperzel loaded set neck and works really well, stays in perfectly in tune and doesn't rob the tone noticeably (because it's properly seated/fitted - this is essential).
    Talking of fitting, don't forget that you will have to trim the end of the fretboard so that the strings sit in the right place if it's not a slotted nut type guitar. If it's a slotted nut type, then you may have to route out the channel to fit the roller nut.
    Like all mechanical devices; it needs a tiny bit of lube from time to time.
    I also have a graph tech nut on my other trem guitar, and this also works very well in terms of tuning stability, but the tone is thinner on the bass strings.
    Last edited by msplines; 06-06-2004, 12:02 PM. Reason: forgot summat

Comment

Re: LSR Roller Nut

I haven't used an LSR nut but a properly cut and set up Fender nut should suffice for all but heavy tremolo work. I'm not sure of the quality of the Fender Mexi strat nut but if it is anywhere near as good as the MIA strat nut you would be good to go.

Another way to answer your question is that A well cut and set up nut will absolutley improve your tuning stability. That is NOT hype , it is a proven fact. Maybe try going in that direction before deciding on a LSR nut (this option is cheaper and doesn't permanently mod your guitar like the LSR) Depending on the amount of trem use you do you may be well satisfied.
      2001 MIA Strat Sunburst w/maple neck. Hot Rails (b), Vintage Rails (m), Cool Rails (n). 2003 MIA Deluxe Fat Strat Sunburst w/maple neck.

Comment

Working...
      X