Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is what I'm getting my girlfriend in a few months

Originally posted by Bones
    Ok, this is gonna sound harsh, but I think its a stupid idea. Why? You've known her for a year, and you gonna buy her something that cost about half as much as an engagement ring. Unless you know your gonna marry her, your blowing alot of money. It's all up to you, but I wouldn't even consider something that expensive.
    You can get a new Fender Mustang Bass for around 450 to 500. There are engagement rings that cost 3 to 5 thousand. I think your math is a bit off.

Guitar players spend thousands upon thousands of dollars selfishly on themselves without even giving it a second thought. Guitarists max out their credit cards in the ever-pointless quest for tone. Yet spending money on your permanent girlfriend is a BAD idea?

If he had said "I'm going to completely squander 500 bucks on myself for no apparant reason other than my own greedy whim", you would have said "Yeah, dude, go for it!!" If he buys it for his girlfriend, then it's a bad idea??

If you think 500 bucks is a lot to spend on a woman, you've never been married. After the divorce and settlement go through you're out HALF YOUR WORLDLY POSSESSIONS. I can't possibly imagine buying this girl a bass could be as stupid as getting married.

Have you ever had a girlfriend? They're really damn expensive. 500 is a drop in the bucket. The good ones are worth the time, money and emotional investment. Besides, some things are more important than cash.
    Last edited by kill your scene; 06-07-2004, 10:57 AM.
    It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.
    - David St. Hubbins

Comment

KYS, you are right. they are worth every minute and every cent.

Indie you are a good man
      Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Indie keep the girl! I know where your comming from and keep the girl, she is probably worth it if your gonna buy her something that nice. You got my support man keep the girl, and you still have enough guitars to keep rockin in the free world. good job on the idea though man!
        Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

"There are engagement rings that cost 3 to 5 thousand. I think your math is a bit off."
          techinally his math isnt off. there are engagment rings that start at 69.99. granted there made from subpar material and are from walmart. but i do agree with you 500 is nothing if you are gonna be with them long term.

good luck with it man.

Comment

I was gonna buy my girlfriend a diamond ring in a few months..........but my wife won't let me!!!

Comment

Working...
            X