where to buy from.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to buy from.....

ok so ive been saving for a gibson explorer for about a year now, and its buying time. the only thing is, the only ones they have in local stores are black, and i want a white one, so im gonna have to order it online. where do you guys reccomend? sam ash, music123, musicians friend, etc? ive had good experiences before with music123, and ive heard some bad stories about musicians friend, and sam ash i imagine would be fine cause the stuff in their stores and their stuff online all comes from the same place. so which one do you guys reccomend?
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Re: where to buy from.....

I've had extremely good experiences with www.zzounds.com. They were very fast, organized and professional. They offer free shipping on tons of items and if I were to buy some piece of gear new sometime, I would be inclined to go their again.
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

zzounds doesnt carry explorers
      It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Gibson X-plorer Studio Electric Guitar (with Case). Body is 90 percent of the classic Gibson Explorer, which makes for a more balanced, ergonomic fit with th...

You sure they currently make white explorers? I'm having trouble finding one.
        I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.

Comment

Call Steve at Wildwoodguitars.com He actually PLAYS (?????!!!!!) and understands that every instrument is different. He is Gibson Historics largest dealer and a great guy. If it's a special order, Gibby will send Steve his stuff long before the whores get theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by the_Chris
            http://www.zzounds.com/item--GIBEXPSTU

You sure they currently make white explorers? I'm having trouble finding one.
            check at any of the 3 sites i mentioned, its there

Comment

I guess I was just looking at the wrong model. All that matters is that YOU found it.

Comment

Dave's Guitar Shop is one of the largest independent guitar retailers in the Midwest! Shop our large selection of Fender, Gibson, Paul Reed Smith, Martin, Taylor, Rickenbacker and much, much more! We ship our new and used inventory worldwide.

They have a white Explorer in stock for $849 I think (or $895). It plays nice and it sounds awsome. However (typical Gibson) the 21st fret is dead on the high E string, so I would insist that they fix this issue before shipping. This reason (and others) is why I would never buy a Gibson without seeing it first.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
                X