banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone up for some new Blues Driver mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone up for some new Blues Driver mods?

Awhile ago I posted a bunch of mods for the Boss Blues Driver. Since then, I've learned a couple new tricks, none of which require the use of a beach ball.

These three mods work best when done together though, rather than done individually. I'll explain.

R38 This resistor controls the gain. The stock value is 100k, so lower it for more gain. You notice that the values have a bit of a "snowball effect". You might not notice a huge difference between 100k and 33k, but you would notice a BIG difference between 22k and 10k. The further down you go in value, the more the gain increase becomes apparent. It snowballs. I've got a 15k in my pedal and I go chugga chugga chugga....

Problem is...you get some extra brightness with this mod. Read on...

R51 This resistor controls the high end in the pedal. It's stock value is 15k, but only lower it to 10k. It'll get darker, but if you go to far, it'll be downright muddy. Now you've curbed some of the brightness you got with the added gain.

C100 Remember me? I'm at the tone knob! If you were using a .1uf cap before you modded R38 (sounds like the Keeley PHAT mode), you might consider boosting my value to .22uf. This will give you a nice smooth sound, very handy if you want to turn the knob to the right. More bass will be added also, which will compliment all that gain very nicely.

So there you go. More BD-2 mods. Of course you understand that with more gain comes more noise, right? If I figure out a way to solve that little problem, I will chime in again.

Yaaaaaay!!!
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Re: Anyone up for some new Blues Driver mods?

I was planning to send my BD2 in to Keeley for the Phat mod... is this kind of a simplified version?

Comment

I think this would be better than a PHAT mod.

I've modded the CRAP out of my own BD-2 so that it sounded like a BD-2 in PHAT mode, then added the mods I posted above as well. So it's like a PHAT BD-2 with more gain go chugga chugga chugga...

only no switch.
      Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
      Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
      Originally posted by Sosomething
      "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

good to know...

I'm running my BD2 into my Mesa Rectoverb 50 set on cruch but I'm having trouble getting the kind of tone I want. I seem to "lose" some tonal integrity when I have both the amp and pedal going at once.

Comment

Working...
        X