Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• balance of headstock/body

Hij folks out there!

You all know how uncomfortable playing a guitar with too heavy headstock (or too lightweight body) can be (e.g. SG?)
    Does too heavy body with too light headstock/neck have a similar effect or does it not affect playability resp. balance?

Hope you know what I mean.

Greez, Chris
    Fender Strat Elite, Epiphone Emporer Regent, Framus Renegade Pro (4x SD Pickups!!!), modded Samick Skull&Snake
    Marshall 6101, Vox AD30VT
    Pedals, pedals, pedals ...

Re: balance of headstock/body

Originally posted by psy
    Hij folks out there!

You all know how uncomfortable playing a guitar with too heavy headstock (or too lightweight body) can be (e.g. SG?)
    Does too heavy body with too light headstock/neck have a similar effect or does it not affect playability resp. balance?

Hope you know what I mean.

Greez, Chris
    my warlocks that way (heavy headstock). but i got used to it. the great thing about my warlock in that situation is that if the headstock feels too heavy and u cant really reach the upper frets, just lay the bottom (like the gap part) on ur knee like a flying V and the higher frets are easily accessable.

another factor in that case is that i like play with my guitar as far down as it goes in a 'james hetfield' kinda stance.

as far as the body being too heavy... im estimating that it just takes some getting used to. i guess its depends on what guitar it is.
    we can be heroes

Comment

Working...
    X