Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Boss users!

Now that I have your attention,
    Lately I have been liking my SS amp overdrive more than what I get from my Boss pedal. Especially leads. That's only because it isn't as compressed as the distortion from the pedal. I have a real hard time getting some pinch harmonics from the pedal while I get them with great ease from amp od.
    Could my settings be wrong? Is it just the nature of pedals, or mainly just boss pedals to be compressed? Amp od sounds much more open and natural, but not as heavy and crunchy as the pedal.
    Well I suppose I discovered this better late than never...

Re: Attention Boss users!

Oh, what I was getting at: is there some way to mod my pedal into being more responsive? I mean to make it less compressed and more natural sounding?
    Can you guys who have a keeley modded boss pedal comment on improvement in this area?

Comment

Talk to John (Deluxe strat97) I think thats his handle here. He is very well respected on this forum, and has done a lot of Mods for a lot of guys here. In response to your direct questions though, going direct into an amp IMO will always sound better. Less interference with the signal. The other issue is what pedal are you using? Boss makes many OD pedals, they make even more distortion pedals. The style of pedal you are using will have a great effect on what you will need to do to correct it!!
      "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Yeah John have helped me before when I was about to mod the pedal in question but it seems like no store around me sells the parts I need. It's an MT-2.

Comment

That is definetely a problem I've experienced, while using some pedals. Some truly do feel machine like, compressed, and sterile! Bummer! If you found a tone you like w/o the pedal, why bother w/ it anyway? If you simply want more, maybe try an OD?

Comment

Originally posted by Nightburst
            Yeah John have helped me before when I was about to mod the pedal in question but it seems like no store around me sells the parts I need. It's an MT-2.
            Nightburst...Are you wanting to mod your pedal yourself? And what components specifically do you lack? Maybe I can get you fixed up if you know how you want to mod your pedal...Didn't I give you some advice on where to get your components or was that someone else? Refresh my memory...

John
            Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
              Nightburst...Are you wanting to mod your pedal yourself? And what components specifically do you lack? Maybe I can get you fixed up if you know how you want to mod your pedal...Didn't I give you some advice on where to get your components or was that someone else? Refresh my memory...

John
              Yeah I talked to you about using the right caps for modding purposes. I'm still looking around all the shops for the right ones, I still kept your pm's so I know which one to get. You did give me some great advise, for which I'm thankfull.
              What I really want is to make my pedal more responsive and less compressed, if that's possible. Robert Keeley told me by changing the caps and altering the clipping stage would be the ticket for me.

Comment

Working...
              X