Modding SD-1 to TS-808 spec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modding SD-1 to TS-808 spec?

Just came across this on another forum that I am also a member of. This is the how to do it if you have a (spare) Boss SD-1 and you want to convert it to TS-808 spec and if you have a few pennies to get the components. It does not involve a great deal of work and the picture shows the actual board and the step by step instructions you need to take.

I suppose it might be useful for anyone who fancies doing the modding themselves - now where's that soldering iron.................

Normans Guitars

Re: Modding SD-1 to TS-808 spec?

how do u replace them?
    do u like cut em out then solder the new components in?
    we can be heroes

Comment

Thats pretty cool.

castiron, you'd desolder them, and then stick the new components in the space the old ones consumed.

Comment

Originally posted by castiron
        how do u replace them?
        do u like cut em out then solder the new components in?
        Mark the back of your pcb and use a solder sucker....Only heat the solder enough to loosen the solder and the component and quickly get off the pcb..I've tryed this mod and the mod isn't taking into consideration the differences in the tone eq of both pedals...This mod won't give you a TS tone...Sorry bout that...If you were to look at the schematics of both of these pedals you'll see the stone stack differences...The mod is close,but no cigar guys!

John
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
          Mark the back of your pcb and use a solder sucker....Only heat the solder enough to loosen the solder and the component and quickly get off the pcb..I've tryed this mod and the mod isn't taking into consideration the differences in the tone eq of both pedals...This mod won't give you a TS tone...Sorry bout that...If you were to look at the schematics of both of these pedals you'll see the stone stack differences...The mod is close,but no cigar guys!

John
          John,

I was hoping you would comment on this and I guess there is more to this modding lack than just undoing a couple of components. Still would not consider doing it unless I have a spare SD-1 and could keep the hands still long enough. Afterwards I might just send it to you to do a proper job!!

Take care bud
          Norman
          Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Norman_T
            Just came across this on another forum that I am also a member of.
            you go to other forums?

That's like having wife and family that no one knows about. Sob...

Comment

Originally posted by moog1000

you go to other forums?

That's like having wife and family that no one knows about. Sob...
              Sad - I know

But this is always home to me but some other guys are also on other forums. BTW I am also on the Fender Discussion Page and Hamer Forums. You might see me post there every now and then.
              Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Norman_T
                John,

I was hoping you would comment on this and I guess there is more to this modding lack than just undoing a couple of components. Still would not consider doing it unless I have a spare SD-1 and could keep the hands still long enough. Afterwards I might just send it to you to do a proper job!!

Take care bud
                Norman
                Norman...If you want to do the SD1 mods yourself,contact me and I'll show you how to mod yours...If you're wanting your SD1 to sound like a TS,please buy yourself a TS buddy....

John
                Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

That's a great graphic!

Comment

Working...
                  X