Rectoverb owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rectoverb owners

I know there's some here that have this amp, either the combo or the head. I'd like to hear some comments on it, likes/dislikes. I played one last week, and I liked it but would like to hear comments from people who use it on more of a daily basis. Before playing this amp I was considering a 5150, but I think the rectoverb would fit my tastes more. I mainly play fast hardcore, punk, some metalcore, and pop punk, so I would like to know if this amp would fit these styles. Thanks in advance!
    -Tom

Epiphone G400 w/Duncan Custom
    Vox VT15
    Washburn D10SCE
    Getsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass

Re: Rectoverb owners

i have a single rectifier, which is the same thing as a rectoverb only without reverb. i really have no complaints about this amp, it's loud as damn and it can cover every style you just described. there is plenty of gain, more than i'll probably ever use, and the different modes on the two channels can get you quite a wide array of tones, the only thing is that you have to spend a lot of time playing through it to really see how much it can do.
    gear:

'05 gibson les paul studio vintage mahogany (DiMarzio Super Distortion/ SD Jazz)
    '04 gibson SG standard (BurstBucker Pro's)
    mesa/boogie 2-channel dual rectifier (with EL34's)
    marshall 1960A 4x12
    and a few pedals

Comment

The Rectoverb is basically a Single Rectifier with onboard reverb.

My style is punk, grunge/sludge metal, industrial metal. I use a Dual Rectifier and it works great.

I'd guess that half the bands in the genres you listed use some kind of Rectifier. I've also met plenty of punk players that swear by their Rectoverbs and/or Single Rects.

The Single Recto is a little less agressive than the Dual, but it's a little smoother for it. I'd say that the onboard reverb is worth the tiny little loss in gain, particularily since most Dual Rect owners don't max their gain anyway.
      || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Thanks guys! Another quick question...there's a channel volume and master volume, which one pushes the power tubes? I'm guessing the master, but if that's the case then what does the channel volume use?
        -Tom

Vox VT15
        Washburn D10SCE

Comment

mine comes tomorrow, but from what i've played, they're just great amps in general. Great tone, monsterous volume for 50 watts, and very reliable/durable. they take some knob tweakin (most mesa's do) to get the perfect tone, but when it's right, its awesome.

P.S. they're MUCH more versatile than some people will lead you to believe, it just takes some experimenting, but you can get a lot of tones out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by HolyDirt
            mine comes tomorrow, but from what i've played, they're just great amps in general. Great tone, monsterous volume for 50 watts, and very reliable/durable. they take some knob tweakin (most mesa's do) to get the perfect tone, but when it's right, its awesome.

P.S. they're MUCH more versatile than some people will lead you to believe, it just takes some experimenting, but you can get a lot of tones out of them.
            Awesome review, can't get much better than that. As a Single Recto owner, I'll just add that its distortion is tight, aggressive, thick, and well rounded. Its cleans are simply put beautiful. Glassy, clear, chimey, smooth, etc. What an amp!!!

BTW - Congratulations, HolyDirt!! I wish you much luck with your new rocking glass amp!!

Comment

Originally posted by StratTom
              Thanks guys! Another quick question...there's a channel volume and master volume, which one pushes the power tubes? I'm guessing the master, but if that's the case then what does the channel volume use?
              Both.

The gain knob pushes the preamp. The channel master and output knobs both push the power amp, but the output knob is more the knob you use for that perpose.

The channel master is to balance the two channels volumes so there's no huge jumps when switching, the output is the amp master volume and sets how much power hits the power amp.
              || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Thanks all!! After hearing such great things about this amp, I think I'll be saving my cash for one of these.
                -Tom

Vox VT15
                Washburn D10SCE

Comment

Working...
                X