Ibanez Artcore -amazing value!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Artcore -amazing value!

I went to my local gibson/Ibanez dealer to see what they had in the way of semihollows, and was shown an artcore semi. I was flabberghasted at the quality for the price. It was flawless: perfectly finished, flawlessly bound, and well set up. The inlay work was tidy and free from filler, and the nut was well cut and set very well. For US$500 brand new, I was shocked at how good this guitar was. You could have told me it was a custon shop piece and I would have believed you. The quality compared to the best gibson semis I've seen recently, and was better than a few I've seen.

The only criticism I had of it was the neck was a little flat and slim and, well, 'ibanez-y' for my tastes. Not terrible, and not as bad as the popsicle stick shredders they make , but not what I would naturally choose.

Here it is (the finish is a nicer shade in real life):

Superb value.
    Last edited by Hot _Grits; 06-09-2004, 08:28 PM.
    Originally posted by Jolly
    ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Re: Ibanez Artcore -amazing value!

yea dude, they are one of the many (korean i believe) high quaility low cost players guitars out there, enjoy man, i want one some day......are u gonna load her up with duncans?
    Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
    Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
    Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
    Crate VC-3112
    Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
    Fender Bassman 60

Comment

Originally posted by BluesNRock87
      yea dude, they are one of the many (korean i believe) high quaility low cost players guitars out there, enjoy man, i want one some day......are u gonna load her up with duncans?
      whoa, haven't bought one. Thinking about it, though.

If I did , it's get seths or 59/jazz probably.

Comment

sry my bad

i thought u bought it, u talked about price and all

i believe they can be had cheaper online tho......im gassing for one as well, id prbly go for a jazz/jb set. but whatd id do is take the jb outta the godin, and buy a c5 to replace it, at times id prbly try the 59 and/or the c5 i nthere too
        Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
        Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
        Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
        Crate VC-3112
        Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
        Fender Bassman 60

Comment

I've been ogling those semi's in that Artcore series for about a year now but haven't had a chance to play one yet. They look like a really nice sounding and playing guitar...... maybe better than a comparable Epi SheratonII?

Comment

Judging by the epi sheraton 2's I've played, they are significantly better. No contest.

Comment

The one I played was decent, can't touch my Dean Chafin Del Sol though (and that's around the same price).
              Originally posted by kevlar3000
              I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
              Originally posted by Zerberus
              Better is often the enemy of good
              Originally posted by ginormous
              Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

I'm really interested in the Artcore United line. The bodies are made in the same factory as the other Artcores, but with upgraded woods. Then they are sent to Japan for the neck, frets, electronics, and finish. Ibanez' Japanese made guitars are incredible, and I'm sure these are no exception. Unfortunately hollow/semi-hollow guitars are barely stocked as it is and higher end Ibanez hollows are even more rare.

Mike

Comment

you should be able to get those korean ibanez for closer to $300

Comment

the Artcore are amazing guitars tone-wise. i just bought John Scofield's 'En Route' LP & it got me gassing for an Artcore pretty bad...
                    Psychic Horns

Comment

the Artcores look like some nice guitars... I should give one a whirl!
                      • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                      • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                      • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                      • G&L Tribute Comanche
                      • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                      • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                      • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

the scofield model is much much nicer and more refined than the less expensive models, not really fair to put them in the same catagory. as nice as the artcore series is they are still rather inexpensive guitars, the scofield is a much more refined instrument

Comment

I keep hearing nothing but rave reviews for these guitars. "Great value" seems to be the most common adjective phrase.
                          Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
                          Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
                          Originally posted by Sosomething
                          "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

i played one with the bigsby type tremelo and it was an amazing guitar, basically all you said grits......great value.....
                            esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
                            fender mim standard strat
                            peavey classic 30
                            johnson j-station
                            original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
                            dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
                            yamaha f-310p acoustic
                            taylor 410 acoustic
                            "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
                            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Working...
                            X